Moulding Technician x 2
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
* Working a double day shift, the role of Moulding Technician will be able to set, condition, maintain & optimise several injection moulding machines & oversee Robot program changes.
* You will be working on 5 x Brand new 50T Demag’s and a 200T Krauss Maffei and a brand new manufacturing unit.
* You will have previously used and have knowledge of, a broad range of thermo-plastic materials with a willingness to learn how to process the latest high spec plastic resins. You will also be capable of trouble shooting new and existing tooling to resolve in house and customer-related quality concerns.
* For a proven Moulding Technician, this is a stable and secure position working with a company who place their people at the forefront of their successful business.
Main Objective of the Role
To fully support the moulding production department in all aspects of injection moulding, ranging from tool setting to process trouble shooting.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Ensure tool changes are completely in a timely manner
* Ensure colour changes are completed in a timely manner
* Provide a good level of troubleshooting skills
* Assist with improving OEE and drive down scrap
* Monitor machines periodically to check output and scrap targets are being achieved
* Proactive & reactive initiation of action to resolve quality concerns/complaints
* Responsible for weekly machine, mould and cell cleaning and safety checks
* Order materials in advance for future orders
* Ensure daily figures are complete and correct
* Liaise with relevant departments to achieve production
* Any other reasonable task, as requested by a manager or supervisor
* Train other team members on work instructions
* Minimum 5 years hands on experience in plastics injection moulding
* Familiar with Demag, Krauss Maffei machines and control systems and able to set various Pick and place robots
* Formal training/ accreditation to our industry. Such as BPTA, G&A, PTIC, RJG or similar certification would be an advantage
* Good knowledge of Thermo Plastics processing
* Process trouble shooting, fault finding "Route cause and effect" applying corrective actions
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Technician”, “Process Technician”, “Process Engineer”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Mouldshop Leader”, “Moulding Manager”, “Lead Setter”, “Process Engineer”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles