Junior Software Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: up to £25 000
Timely Recruit is recruiting Junior Software Engineer. The successful Software Engineer will participate in the design and planning of software solutions to the requirements specification. You will report directly to a Software Engineering Team Lead on behalf of the Software Engineering Manager.
Please APPLY NOW
As a Software Engineer, you shall be expected to develop and unit test software through Java Development Standards ensuring all products are of acceptable quality to the end customer. You shall participate in design and planning of software solutions to the requirements specification. You shall be managed and report directly to a Software Engineering Team Lead on behalf of the Software Engineering Manager.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities:
* To understand GUI standards and assist users in interpreting these as required; liaising with the users and undertaking GUI design and prototyping; to participate in quality reviews.
* To appreciate the importance of design and software specifications; produce and amend software specifications; resolve queries arising from software specifications; to participate in quality reviews.
* To construct and document new and amended software in accordance with company standards, to meet the requirements of the design/program specification; to undertake and participate in quality reviews.
* Provide customer support for installed products by identifying, diagnosing and providing a resolution.
* Have an interest in the Java eco-system, read about new frameworks, keep up to date with new language features and think how these can be applied to existing products.
* To understand the principles and objectives of documentation; assist in the preparation of documentation.
* To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan, and recommend corrective actions.
* To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
* To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system
The job experience requirements for Junior SoftwareEngineer:
* Experience of software development, either commercial or academic, with one or more of the following technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, JUnit, JQuery, HTML & CSS
* Excellent written and oral communications
* A minimum 2:1 Degree in Computer/IT related discipline or an active GitHub profile with a keen interest in Java.
* Good understanding of full IT lifecycle, with detailed knowledge of at least one of the following; Analysis/Design, Software Engineering, Testing, Implementation
If you meet these requirements and are interested to discuss the role, Please APPLY NOW
£25k - £35k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual
£25k - £27k Annual