Chief Maintenance Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is one of the UK's leading Linen hire suppliers to the hotel industry, servicing high quality Hotels across Scotland and Northern England. We are seeking a talented individual to join them as Chief Engineer to further strengthen our team.
Chief Engineer is a key position within the company. Reporting to the General Manager, the role involves overall responsibility for the Engineering & Maintenance functions of the business with specific responsibility for the following:
* Day-to-day running of Engineering & Maintenance department including but not limited to:
* Job Scheduling
* Shift Planning
* Holiday Planning
* Developing and maintaining the company’s Planned Preventative Maintenance programme including but not limited to:
* Ensuring that all regular maintenance tasks are carried out in a timely and competent manner and in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines and identified best practise.
* Maintaining accurate records of all tasks.
* Ensuring that all statutory legal maintenance requirements are completed and records and required certification kept eg PAT testing, boiler inspections, NDT testing, gas safety testing etc.
* Playing an active role in ensuring that the company’s Health & Safety Policies are adhered to and that the highest standards of health & safety are maintained throughout the Engineering and Maintenance Department.
* Planning and executing such project work as may be required and ensuring that all Engineering elements of such projects are carried out in an efficient, timely and competent manner.
* Identify the required stock of spare parts, place orders when necessary and keep accurate records of all spare part inventory. Where possible, proactively identify savings from alternative sources of parts.
* Maintain positive relationships with suppliers and contractors.
* Monitor expenses and control the budget for the Maintenance department and monitor and control performance against budget and other agreed kpi’s.
* Be responsible for the installation and annual review of key plant and machinery, monitoring performance and recording and reporting material defects to the Directors of the Company.
* Liaise with the Production team to ensure any required maintenance or emergency repairs minimise disruption, whilst ensuring work is carried out to the highest standards;
* Proven experience working in a similar role, within a fast-paced production environment;
* A minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or related subject);
* A good understanding of costs, quantities, timescales and contract terms for any work undertaken;
* Proven ability to communicate at all levels;
* Proactive and self-motivated;
* Flexible approach to working hours.
The role will require you to work flexible hours over a seven day week, and is likely to include some evenings and weekends and occasional night shift cover. As part of a growing PLC there are many long term career opportunities. The salary range for the role is circa £38-40k dependent on experience.
To apply for this role please submit your CV via the Cv library Link or call Phil Bremner on the number provided below and Phil will call you back with more information on the role and the company