IT Operations Engineer – North/North West London
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
£30,000 - £35,000 (including 25 day annual leave and bank hols.)
Closing Date: 30/07/19
Our client, a prestigious group of highly successful independent schools are looking for an IT Operations Engineer with the passion and capability to progress their careers up to a 2nd / 3rd line role, whilst learning and embracing new leading technologies.
The ideal candidate will be articulate and enthusiastic, customer-focused and technically proficient IT Operations Engineers with the ability to support a number of schools within the group, whilst acting as their lead point of contact of IT issues and being responsible for providing IT support and strategic advice in support of teaching and learning.
Main Duties include:
• Proactive management, monitoring and maintenance of the school’s IT systems.
• Providing technical support for school IT systems.
• Working with school IT leaders to ensure IT supports the educational needs of the school.
• Assisting school IT leaders develop and implement their IT strategies.
• Maintaining IT asset register for school.
• Installing new and upgraded IT systems.
• Ensuring the integrity of the school’s IT systems are maintained.
• Working with the Service Desk to ensure escalated IT issues are resolved within their SLA.
• Working with Head Office in implementing IT systems.
• Documenting the setup and configuration of all IT systems bespoke to the school.
• Assisting the selection and acquisition of hardware, software and third party application packages.
• Ensuring the group’s policies are adhered to, with a focus on IT and data security.
Essential knowledge / experience:
• Previous experience within a 2nd/3rd line support role, preferably within the Education Sector.
• Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, Group Policy and DNS.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
• Personal motivation and enthusiasm to learn and progress.
Desirable knowledge / experience:
• Windows 7/8/10
• Azure (including Azure AD)
• Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager
• Office 365
• SIMS or similar schools MIS system
* This is a fantastic opportunity, with the potential to advance your career within the group, as our client is prepared to train and develop the right candidate.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please send your CV to (url removed)
Closing date: 30th July 2019, with interviews planned for the week commencing 19th August