Front-End Software Development Team Leader
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
As a result, they are looking to recruit Software Development Team Leader for their Front-End Team, which consistently deliver world-class digital platforms with multiple industry awards attributed to their name. As Team Leader, you will be responsible for technical and operational oversight of a SCRUM Team developing full lifecycle Front-End Web and Mobile applications using an Agile methodology from requirements analysis to delivery.
You will ensure the development of front-end technologies adhere to our client’s development standards, architecture designs, and standard methodologies through continued review and feedback with the wider software delivery function. Our client operates to an agile framework with a progressive DevOps culture with employees empowered to not only build but to support and monitor the features delivered by their hard work.
- As SCRUM team leader, you will help and oversee the elaboration, refinement and accurate estimation for development work.
- Work closely with product owners and architects to analyse and understand requirements to deliver effective solutions.
- Collaborate with the wider scrum team and scrum master to ensure a correct and working solution is delivered within expected time frames.
- Use your experience to provide technical leadership within the sprint team, supporting and mentoring team members in all aspects of software delivery.
- Perform line-management duties for members of staff assigned to you including reviews and progress meeting.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of software across all applications your teams are responsible for.
- Build your own knowledge and mentor others in the development of web applications.
- Help define best practices and provide governance of front-end development teams.
- Define and ensure the adherence to quality guidelines and testing approaches to help deliver software that is ‘right first time’.
- Ensure the adherence to security guidelines to protect company and customer data, including PCI Compliance and GDPR.
- Ensure the adherence to architectural guidelines to ensure systems comply with solution and enterprise vision.
- Utilise your experience to support the development team covering both business domain and technical skills.
- Support the wider IT team to ensure a consistency of approach, designs, and practices.
- 5+ years’ experience in Front End Development in a Senior/Lead/Management Capacity.
- An understanding of the SOLID Principles of software development.
- An understanding of the purpose and application of software patterns in software development.
- An understanding of how to apply an architectural vision as part of software delivery.
- An understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery strategies.
- Knowledge of best practices to facilitate the delivery of responsive sites, built with mobile devices in mind.
- A front-end authority with a background in styling and implementation of web applications.
- A level of proficiency in some of the following technologies:
- CSS and CSS pre-processors
- Server-side rendering
- Responsive Design
- Progressive Web Apps
- Development with C# .NET
- Knowledge or experience of working with high volume systems, preferably eCommerce.
- A practical understanding of security practices, preferably PCI compliance.
This is a truly unique opportunity to work for a market leader in an award-winning team at an exciting transformational stage offering a great working environment and long-term career prospects.
Salary: £50,000 - £56,000 basic (Circa £60k+ package)
Benefits: Annual Bonus, Share Allocation, 25 days holiday, Medical, Pension + More!
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire