Java / PHP Developer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Poole, Dorset (close to Tower Park BH12)
Salary: Depending on experience level
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Java / PHP Developer to join our client’s IT Department.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced, innovative company which prides itself on delivering high quality products and excellent customer service. This new role has been created as a result of the Company’s success and growth.
About the Role
The role requires a very proactive person with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and document complex processes and operations. You need to be able to work efficiently, accurately and calmly in pressured situations and be able to meet deadlines.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the main purpose of the role is to support the anticipated sales growth and general business cost reduction through: -
Developing automated solutions to support efficiency improvements
* Developing applications to allow the capture, view and modification of data
* Producing management information.
* Full lifecycle project involvement including;
* Formalised analysis and agreement of business requirements
* Production of project documentation
* Gaining project approval through presentations
* Development of solution using a variety of systems and solutions
* Provision of ongoing system support
It is essential that you have knowledge/experience of: -
* Owning the whole project process
* Working with languages; Java, PHP, HTML, VB/VBA, SQL, Python
* Interfacing with databases (SQL/MySQL)
* Building for a variety of host environments (MS, Linux and Mac)
* Applying business process and case modelling techniques
* Working with end users to develop solutions for 24/7/365 operations
* Developing solutions for process automation and efficiency saving
* UX development
It would be desirable if you have: -
* Knowledge of automation software
* Sage 200 knowledge
* Power BI knowledge
* Knowledge of common reporting tools
* Experience of developing EDI automation processes
* Strong presentation skills
Discretionary bonus scheme, 21 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service, Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to work scheme, Employee of the month, Product discounts, Casual dress code, Social events and activities.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions