Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Role: Project Controller
Pay: £28.00/hr LTD
Contract: Monday- Friday, 6 months contract
Main activities of role: -
Looking for a Project Controller for the Portsmouth branch to actively manage the financial situation of multiple satellites supply projects. To ensure all deliverables are met with regard to monthly reporting to Primes or to ensure accurate and timely reporting to the local Controlling Business Partners or to the Work Package Managers (WPM), Project Managers (PM), Business Unit Leaders.
- To be the review point of all financially relevant contractual matters i.e. Supply Contracts (whether direct or reallocation through Stock transfer), Works Orders, Change Notices or Direct Contract with an external customer.
- To be empowered to engage fully in all financial topics and to summarise points in a way that supports rapid decision making – collect background information on possible scenarios and share findings with the Business Unit Business Partner to ensure all alternatives are covered and to share experience before finalising on a recommendation.
- To oversee and ensure that currency coverage for the projects under your control are comprehensive and respond to the reporting requirements of treasury.
- To maintain an open eye for improvements in your work place either from learning from colleagues, flow down from our innovation streams (Team Leader Project Control) or from direct interaction with the HUB and ideas sharing with colleagues.
- To manage the allocation of cost to work package and critique deviations with the inputs from WPM and PM.
- To maintain an awareness of the Risks and Opportunities on the projects and to actively support Risk Mitigation and Opportunity Attainment.
- Actively communicate to the Controlling Business Partner the Risks and Opportunities to allow for a consolidated picture to be achieved of the status of the Business Unit.
- To participate in adhoc activities to support the overall achievement of the finance community and always positively challenge yourself and others to improve with a focus on the team development.
- Produce monthly financial reporting on project Key Performance Indicators comparing.
- Actuals against Budget and Forecast [Sales, Margin, Cost, & Cash].
- Hold regular cost reviews with Work Package Managers to capture CTC e.g. Engineering, Procurement, etc. Take into account resourcing requirements.
- Work alongside your projects to ensure on time financial milestone achievement & ensure the necessary process is followed.
- Analysis of project actual costs, & correction of miss-bookings.
- Quarterly amendments to the CDP Pool to reflect the latest project status after agreement with the UK Financial Controller / Prime Controllers and Business Unit Leaders.
- High MS Excel literacy.
- Knowledge of SAP, Business Warehouse, Impact.
- Financially aware with high business partnering acumen.
- Honours degree or equivalent in mathematics, sciences, finance or business.
- Critical thinking & ability to constructively challenge the operational business.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Good communication skills – an ability to make finance important to non-finance people.
- Demonstrate focus on team work.
- Solution Orientated approach to working.
- Highly numerate and computer literate.
- Experience from management accounting role within a project based environment, CIMA or ACCA qualified or trainee.
- Another European Language (French / German) would be advantageous.
- Demonstration of international work experience.
- Digitally aware and can demonstrate active professional engagement with media forums.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Bennett at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow
£25.8 - £25.8 Hourly
£27k - £31k Annual
£27k - £30k Annual
£24k - £30k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual