Building Services Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
SALARY: Up to £36,000 - NO CALL OUTS
LOCATION: Central London
Your main duties will include carrying out electrical facilities maintenance within a large prestigious buildings carrying out a variety of electrical tasks.
The Person / Role and Responsibilities
* Be a level 3, 17th Edition qualified electrician (BS7671)
* Assemble, modify, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
* Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
* Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
* Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with current legislation.
* Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
* Maintain current electrician’s licence or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
* Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local legislation and BS7671 regulations.
* Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
* Have knowledge/experience of electrical installations /reactive works and fault finding on commercial sites in both light and power (internal & external)
* Experienced in commercial/industrial settings, ideally with experience of the installation of LED lighting, controls, VO, VSD’s etc or similar
* Minimum of 17th edition but 18th would be an advantage
* Test & Inspection would also be an advantage.
* General knowledge of building management systems
* Good communication skills are essential
* Overtime on average = 1 Saturday per month (emergency light test)
S & L Consultancy are a leading facilities business and working on behalf of a local client
£38k - £42k Annual
£38 - £42 Annual
£28k - £32.5k Annual
£16 - £17 Hourly
£30k - £32.6k Annual
£17 - £18 Hourly
£17 - £17 Hourly
£38k - £40k Annual
£31k - £34k Annual
£12k - £13k Annual