Product Manager – Energy Management Platform
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: London (with international travel required)
Our client is a fast-growing company developing innovative technology across Demand Response, Battery Storage and Smart Grids.
They are proactively seeking a Product Manager for their market leading energy management software with a strong background in the energy industry and in product management; to own the product, as well as to guide the product to increasing competitive advantage to support the global expansion of license takers/partners of the product.
The product manager’s main responsibilities are the definition and continuous development of the Product (based on market/customer inputs), product marketing, sales support and commercial leadership for the product.
A hands-on innovative operator with a track record of forging successful business relationships, the role holder will be expected to support the rapid geographic expansion of this business together with existing and new local partners, closely working with the Sales and Technology functions.
This position requires an experienced individual with strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills and will involve international travel.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in international energy markets and a track record in defining, developing and rolling-out PaaS based products. Commercial experience as well as sales support is a requirement for the role. Understanding of (DNO/DSO) Grid Constraint Management Systems, ancillary services and wholesale trading markets and programmes is a strong plus. An ability to think strategically and direct the business accordingly is also required.
* Highly motivated and driven individual
* Enthusiastic about green energy and technology
* Familiarity with agile software development processes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to confidently present sophisticated / technical concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders
* Strategic thinker, with operational delivery capability
* Proficient in strategic market analysis and planning
* Strong relationship building skills, coupled with strong listening and communications skills
* Mature, entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual
* Team player, able to work both individually and on team projects
* Lead and inspire teams to success without being their line manager
* Strong commercial acumen
* 5+ years of relevant industry experience
* Languages: Fluency in English; working knowledge of foreign languages advantageous but not required (e.g. German, French)
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business and/or Engineering