Senior ILS Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Summary of Role:
The Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer is responsible for delivering logistics engineering support within Airborne ISR based at Waddington, responsible to the ISSS ILS Manager at RAF Waddington. This position requires sound knowledge and experience of all ILS disciplines to act as the interface between the product and the support solution during the bid and in service phases.
This role is suited to an experienced ILS practitioner, ideally within the Aerospace Industry and offers an exciting challenge in supporting Airborne ISR programmes with responsibilities for:
* Successfully influencing the product design to enhance in-service supportability - Evolve 'Design for Supportability Requirements' and ensure the product design is compliant with them.
* The implementation of contractual ILS requirements through all phases of the project life cycle.
* Sensitivity studies of potential support solutions addressing operational use, maintenance policy and through-life costs across the project life cycle.
* Production and delivery of equipment Maintenance Policy, and the associated logistics spares recommendations for the product.
* Maintenance of the Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR).
* Attendance of Customer Programme, Design and ILS Reviews; to ensure ILS project drivers are fully understood, considered and the impacts of any associated risks are reduced.
* Support to Programme Management by producing ILS engineering plans, Basis of Estimates, Key Performance Targets and Statements of Work.
* Ensuring that all ILS activities undertaken under your control are conducted in accordance with Raytheon UK site procedures that reflects best practice, and are in accordance with Raytheon UK and MAA procedures.
* An engineering background, educated to degree level or previous related experience.
* Proven knowledge and experience as an ILS engineer.
* Supportability engineering skills to analyse the product supportability to develop and deliver a support solution.
* A high level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* A comprehensive understanding of Technical Publications and Support Documents.
* Comprehensive understanding of standards and guidance relating to ILS activities.
* Flexibility to travel within the UK to support meetings.
* Well developed planning and organisational abilities.
* Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
* Understanding of Modelling Tools.
* Knowledge of FRACAS data / process.
* Understanding of military aircraft design regulations and operations.
* Obsolescence Management Planning.
* Experience of NATO Codification
Eligible for or holder of SC level security clearance (Raytheon will sponsor as required)
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets.
Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions.
With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
* 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
* Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
* 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
* Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
* Enhanced sick pay scheme
* Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
* 38.2hr working week, with alternating Fridays off (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc. and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background