IT Support Engineer; Upper Level
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
* Newcastle Upon Tyne
* £22K-35K (Depending on experience)
* Full-time Permanent
* Immediate Requirement
My client, a certified Microsoft Gold Partner is seeking an IT technical, infrastructure support engineer to join their team on a Permanent basis. The support engineer will become part of a highly skilled team in a very busy environment and will provide varied levels of technical support associated core infrastructure and networks to multiple clients on a remote and face to face basis. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to get involved in liaising with clients, gaining unrivalled project and multi-system exposure.
The role includes;
* Delivering support on wide range of IT systems for multiple client organisations.
* Be flexible and adaptable when responding to client needs both remotely and during projects.
* Assist with the management, upkeep and enhancement of internal company systems.
* Microsoft Windows server operating systems
* Microsoft Windows client operating systems
* Office 365
* Server virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V, etc)
* Network Attached Storage (NAS)
* General networking
* TCP/IP and associated technologies (e.g., DNS, WINS, DHCP)
* Basic understanding of Firewalls including NAT and Firewall rules
* Anti-virus / anti-spyware / anti-spam
* Server / system backup solutions including online/Cloud backup
* Storage Area Networks (SANs)
* Telephony including Voice-over-IP (VoIP)
* Remote Desktop Services
* Cloud services – such as Azure, Amazon Cloud, file sharing (eg, Dropbox), etc
* A candidate that comes from a MSP environment and is skilled with multiple infrastructures.
* An individual who can represent the organisation, is presentable with relevant skills
* be flexible and adaptable to the needs and requirements of the hiring organisation & clients
* It is also essential for the candidate to have a full UK driving licence and have the use of a car during working/on-call hours.
* Provide support & training for other members of staff utilising their skills & experience to contribute to the prosperity of the organisation.
* have a UK degree in an IT related discipline, an equivalent professional qualification or relevant, demonstratable experience.
The successful candidate MUST have participated in multiple system installation & Migrations including Windows Server. Along with having field experience in previous client facing roles