Head of Sales (Asia)
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
An excellent opportunity has become available to join an award-winning, Premium Brand FMCG business as a Head of Sales. The successful candidate can be based in either the UK or Asia and The Far East.
Acorn Recruitment is working as the retained consultant for an internationally renowned malt maturation expert, retailer, wholesaler and distiller. This family business was formed in 1895 and has grown from strength to strength, today the business is still family owned and is embarking on its next stages of development and growth.
This is a rare and interesting opportunity to join a high performance, award-winning business with a balanced portfolio of high value prestige brands and its own distillery through wholesale, retail and export markets.
The business is very successful and has won a number of accolades such as the Queen's award for export, wholesaler of the year and best Speyside single malt.
The company requires an experienced sales professional with a proven track record to drive and support business growth through initiating a long-term strategic brand building focus across Asia and the Far East.
The successful candidate be responsible for developing and implementing the 5-year strategy for sales growth within the Region. You will be accountable for sales generation; Advertising and promotional spend within region and contribution after advertising and promotion for that Region.
This role is flexibly based but requires extensive travel across Asia and The Far East, as well as possible visits to other target markets not falling within the other defined Regions (e.g.: South Africa, Middle East) in addition to regular contact with the support team at Head office.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Utilising market analysis, competitor and advisor research to develop strategic
overview of the region.
- Developing and implementing the 5 year plan for sales growth of own brands across Asia
and the Far East region.
- Identifying and generating new opportunities for targeting key markets within region.
- Playing an active part in the Senior Leadership Team, communicating departmental
objectives and status; and collaborating on cross-department initiatives.
- Actively developing and maintaining appropriate routes to market for
- Liaising with distributors on a regular basis to ascertain market conditions and
maintaining market networks.
- Agreeing market plans and tactics for delivery of sales, marketing and cost budgets
- Routinely visiting distributors within region ensuring regular,
formal business updates.
- Maintaining market information records distributor details, competitor activity,
economic conditions ad any other relevant commercial information.
- Working with the Brand Controllers to implement strategic brand
- Providing input into new product development within market.
- Sharing market insight across the marketing and sales teams to build understanding of
the region's requirements and opportunities; and inform future product and
- Degree calibre individual with high level of commercial acumen with the ability to
utilise and analyse market information to make informed decisions.
- Strong strategic planning experience and able to execute operational plans.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills combined with the ability to
influence key stakeholders.
- Expert negotiator.
- Significant experience as a sales, brand or commercial manager in
- Proven track record of success gained within in a premium brand building environment
with the ability to work autonomously and remotely.
- Demonstrable track record of success in sales management - driving sales and
- Experience in new product development and taking new products to international markets.
- Distributor management -negotiating commercial terms and managing
- Experience in budget/ P&L management.
- Familiar with undertaking risk management and due diligence activities.
Apply today if you are interested in the role, or get in touch with Acorn Recruitment and ask for Paul Anscombe if you wish to discuss this position.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment