Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Mechanical Draughtsman– Automation / Manufacturing
Excellent Package and development opportunities
I am currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Draughtsman to join my client based in Hertfordshire.
My clients growing Automation Engineering team are at the forefront of developing new engineering products and technology that are released into their automated distribution centres, along with designs that help other retailers around the world to enhance their online fulfilment. As a Mechanical Draughtsman, you will play a key part in this, creating CAD models, assembles and drawings for these products.
So what’s the role?
* Creating CAD models, assemblies, drawings and specifications according to best practise and corporate standards;
* Thorough checking of CAD data before it is released;
* Ensuring the corporate standard for CAD modelling and draughting is followed by adherence, and by giving guidance to others;
* Supporting the mechanical CAD / PDM system to ensure availability to all users;
* Supporting and promoting the security and integrity of mechanical CAD data;
* Keeping up to date with trends and developments in mechanical CAD software, systems and data management.
What would we like to see?
* A thorough understanding of BS 8888 and the practical application of it;
* Excellent understanding of how to apply GD&T when creating component and assembly drawings;
* A strong history of using SolidWorks in a product development environment;
* Familiar with using a PDM system, preferably SolidWorks PDM or SolidWorks Workgroup PDM;
* A proven track record in the design of components and assemblies that have gone into production;
* Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practises;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful
£20k - £30k Annual
£30 - £35 Annual
£25 - £30 Hourly
£20 - £25 Hourly
£20 - £25 Hourly