IT System Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Hands-on experience in:
Configuring and supporting Microsoft operating system based servers
Microsoft Active Directory and DNS
Virtualization: Vmware, HyperV,
Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2013
Handheld communications device systems (Blackberry, Active Sync, MDM – MobileIron, Airwatch)
Supporting various SAN array
Supporting VMWare o Citrix Server
AWS, Azure, and other cloud platforms
Building and Supporting Citrix XenServer and XenApp farms.
* Install, configure, maintain, and test server hardware:
Various Hardware as required
External tape backup and\or storage devices
Additional hardware as required for Client installations
* Support anti-spam, web-filtering, network perimeter defence appliances and remote access solutions deployed by the Company.
* Manage and support storage and virtualization platforms deployed by the Company.
* Act as an escalation point for matters concerning server infrastructure.
* Setup servers, Active Directory, Exchange, and handle all phases of migrations and upgrades.
* Coordinate any and all network related work with Network Engineering, telephony, provisioning or any other group that are involved in IT infrastructure.
* Lead planning and/or implementation of projects. May participate in the design and/or testing phases.
* Responsibility for assigning the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project or projects.
* Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements.
* Interact regularly with existing or potential Clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
* Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodologies.
* Work on assigned Project Plans:
Provide updates and documentation as requested in the Project Plan as well as all closeout documents.
* Work directly with external Project Managers and external vendors such as construction architects as needed.
* Handle all infrastructure related questions for Client during duration of project.
* Work directly with vendors on third party server\software deployment.
* Work on new Project Plan design, and overhaul.
* Attend meetings and gather requirements relating to new projects such as onsite infrastructure deployment, relocations, cloud provisioning etc.
* Work closely with technical colleagues to develop Client solutions.
* Perform site surveys to evaluate and document scope of work required.
* Produce estimates and budgets relating to new site setups and relocations.
* Creation and updating of Client statement of works.
* Assisting with Client on boarding activity
£30k - £50k Annual
£40k - £65k Annual
£44k - £45k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£30k - £55k Annual