Applications Developer .Net (C#)
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Would you like to develop new systems that make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity? If so, read on
About NFER (National Foundation for Educational Research)
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
We are expanding our Applications Development team. Join this super friendly team to work on some truly inspiring projects and systems development, along side some of the UKs most specialised educational researchers. You'll be developing high profile systems to carry out research commissioned by government, working with international clients on building sites and systems to support education in developing countries, and enable NFER to expand on its eAssessment capabilities.
We are a data driven organisation, as an Applications Developer you’ll translate software requirements into workable programming code and maintain and develop programs and bespoke web applications, using predominately the Microsoft.NET development stack.
Key responsibilities include;
* Developing web and Windows applications using object orientated languages such as C# and VB.NET.
* Working with relational databases.
* Querying datasets from relational databases.
* Ensuring all applications are developed using secure development principles and are thoroughly tested prior to release.
* Maintaining, supporting and updating current and future applications.
Your technical background:
* Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as C#, Java etc.
* Knowledge of software testing methodologies.
* Expertise in using the Microsoft development stack (Visual Studio, ASP.NET, SQL Server, IIS, Team Foundation Server etc).
* Experience of commercial software development practices (e.g. using source control and agile development principles).
* Experience with web technologies such as AJAX and jQuery.
You’ll love this job, if you:
* Can work independently and as part of a team
* Have strong problem solving skills innovative thinking
* Take pride in your work and have good attention to detail
* Have good interpersonal skills, ability to disseminate knowledge
* Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
* If you have experience of using AWS or Azure, or configuring IIS.
* Knowledge of other programming/scripting languages such as Python, PHP and VBA.
* Experience of SharePoint development, load testing using JMeter, or use of Atlassian’s Jira / Confluence software (or similar).
* Competitive salary based on skills and experiences (£26,638 - £40,291)
* Generous pension scheme
* Free parking
* 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
* Excellent support for professional development
* Great work/life balance
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as an Applications Developer, apply via the button shown