Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
The Role:The duties, tasks and responsibilities of the role
* Set up the CNC machines to produce the required part as per drawing.
* Working from a drawing Program the CNC machine.
* Operate the CNC machine and analyse the processes and adjust as required, via Input control instructions into machine
* This role involves multi axis machining ( 3 – 5 axis).
* Monitor tooling and replace or repair as appropriate when worn out with new ones.
* Take accurate measurements of work pieces and ensure that the quality is good.
* Carry out maintenance measures to ensure good condition of machines.
* Operate three or more machines with little or no assistance.
* Produce prototypes as required.
Below are the vital requirements the CNC operator should meet to be effective in the role:
* Must have background qualification in CNC machining with Milling and Turning.
* Must be experienced in 5 axis machining.
* Experience with Mazatrol and Fanuc controls are essential.
* Good knowledge of set up and operation.
* Good knowledge of reading drawings and using micrometers.
* Good knowledge of program editing and G-codes.
* Have basic knowledge of production materials.
* Good communication skills with colleagues and designers.
* Possess a can do attitude.
* Be flexible in approach to working hours.
* Have a good understanding of Health and Safety.
* Willing to learn how to operate other CNC machinery as required.
* Understand 5s principles and participate in cross functional CI groups.
Whats on Offer:
In addition to a long term career prospect the position also offers:
Generous Pension Scheme
Hours 07:30 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday, 07:30 – 12:30 Friday