Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Main responsibilities of the Data Scientist include:
* Research and innovate new data science techniques, working closely with the Head of Market Pricing.
* Develop predictive models for product placements on Price Comparison Websites such as Compare the Market and Go Compare.
* Deploy elegant scientific solutions to messy and complex business problems – within a framework of sound risk management.
The successful Data Scientist will have the following skills and experience:
* A good quantitative degree in, for example but not limited to: Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Actuarial Science. Masters and PhDs candidates have an advantage.
* A natural problem solver.
* Experience of using mathematics and statistics to explore large datasets for analysis.
* Experience in SOME of the following predictive modelling techniques e.g. Logistic Regression, Log-Gamma GLMs, GBMs, Elastic Net GLMs, GAMs, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines and Neural Nets.
* Experienced in the use of a programming language (e.g. R, Matlab, Python or Octave).
* Knowledge of Optimisation: Convex programming and/or Combinatorial.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Data Scientist opportunity in our Bournemouth Office:
Our people enjoy a comprehensive range of flexible benefit options such as a company pension, 25 days’ holiday (rising to 27 days after 3 years) with the ability to buy an additional 5 days, a personal car lease option, private medical insurance, health and dental plans, life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up and a discretionary annual bonus. Our people enjoy discounted gym membership as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz and make the most of our Wellbeing activities and Sports and Social Club events. We have also introduced our “Dress for Your Day” policy which means you have the option of what to wear depending on what your day holds.
We’re an award-winning, international insurer with key markets in Europe and Asia and go back a fair bit too - almost 200 years. Fast-forward to today and we’re proud to be one of Europe’s top 20 insurance companies. Our UK team of 3,000 stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our most important people – our customers. We’re recognised for our excellent insurance cover and being easy and straightforward to deal with. Plus, we understand the need for choice, which is why our insurance can be bought through us directly, and through aggregator sites as well as through our broker relationships and our leading partnership brands. We have around 5 million customers and have a first-class attitude when it comes to being there for them when they need us most. Don’t just take our word for all this though. We’ve scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running which speaks volumes about our dedicated teams across our UK offices based in London, Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Eastleigh and Bournemouth.
Click the 'Apply Now' to start your application for the Data Scientist opportunity based in our Bournemouth office
£65k - £85k Annual
£35k - £90k Annual
£70k - £85k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual