Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Supervisory)
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
2 Shift System Monday-Friday £35,000
25 Days Holiday, Early finish on Fridays, Discounts on Products, Training and Development
One of Tameside's most well known and successful manufacturers a household brand with a turnover of over £40 million and employing over 600 staff are looking to recruit an Electrical Maintenance Engineer with experience of supervisory to an already well run and organised Maintenance Department.
The company have plans to aggressively grow in size due to a demand in production, along with previous significant investment in their machinery meaning the site is heavy automated and have planned projects to be executed over the year.
This truly is an excellent time to join a growing business who supply their products to companies nationally and can offer long term job security and career progression.
As the Electrical Engineer with Supervisory experience, you will be tasked with the following:
* Overseeing teams of Maintenance Engineers ensuring tasks are complete.
* Establish an effective working relationship with production & ensure regular communication and feedback.
* Support production in achieving production targets via the delivery of high of standards of engineering practice.
* Respond to breakdowns ensuring that all work is carried out quickly and effectively to minimise downtime.
* Work effectively within the engineering team, ensuring all necessary information is communicated to the Engineering Shift Manager and the rest of the team.
* Ensure achievements of engineering targets.
* Ensure all relevant legislation and site procedures are adhered to, in particular Health and Safety and Hygiene.
* Identify and implement labour savings and productivity improvements, in conjunction with production teams.
* Maintain flexibility within the team, ensuring appropriate cover to meet production requirements.
* Carry out and maintain the Preventative maintenance System, particularly identifying key equipment for attention.
* Develop production methods associated with NPD (new product development) in own area.
* Ensure effective completion of action lists and audit points in their own area on an ongoing basis.
* Active involvement in the commissioning and ongoing support for new equipment in their own area.
* Provide technical support to production functions including being able to competently fault find on PLC systems
The ideal candidate will be:
* Experienced in working with food processing machinery is an advantage
* Time served Electrically BTEC/HND
* Completed a EITB Apprenticeship
* FMCG/Manufacturing/Food Experience would be ideal but not essential
* Strong PLC fault finding knowledge is an absolute must!
If you would like to find out more, or feel you have the skills and experienced required for the role then please forward your CV to Dylan Robinson at McIver Knight without delay – Alternatively, you can call the office