Tooling Design Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for Manufacturing Engineers for their plant in Hereford, UK.
Prepare the design and general arrangement drawings undertaken by the Drawing office; and layout and detail drawings as required.
Prepares, from information obtained personally and/or provided by others, the design and general arrangement drawings undertaken by the Drawing office; and layout and detail drawings as required. The drawing should comply with engineering standards currently in force and be suitable for reproduction.
Responsible for the accuracy of your own work, requests checking where procedural requirements, and where required, guide and check the work of the apprentices.
Examine available information and determine from engineering calculations, standard reference sources, such factors such as loads applied, effect of environmental conditions, resultant stresses in mechanical and structural elements and powers required. Identify the need for and recommend involvements of specialists to advise on certain areas and assist in subsequent activities.
Derives actual dimensions, tolerances, areas, volumes, weights etc. to prepare working drawings. Considers the feasibility of and most effective and economical means of manufacture considering Company design principles, engineering stock holdings and standards.
Provide a service, where delegated, in areas of work such as Product Tooling etc. In this connection, ensure you comply with established procedures, observe agreed timetables, requesting assistance when necessary.
Undertake, when required, design audits on proposed new plant and equipment purchases.
Prepare materials and part lists, and compile data for cost estimates and installation programmes.
Present information concerning draughting assignments to Engineering and Production Managers, outlining alternative approaches, recommendations, problems etc. Report on the progress of work.
Take measurements on site, or at the bench to obtain adequate engineering detail concerning materials, clearances, methods of manufacture etc. to enable preparation of working drawings.
Undertake, when required, project assignments under the technical supervision of a member of the Project Engineering team, including elements of draughting, estimating and site observation during installation.
Maintain records pertaining to work assignments and any other records required by the Design Department.
Keep ahead of technical developments.
Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
• High level of self-discipline.
• Independent thinking and decision making.
• An analytical problem solver — someone who can distil complex issues into coherent solutions.
• Ability to meet requirements within demanding timescales.
• A thorough, precise ‘completer / finisher’, but with the ability to ‘see the bigger picture’ and think laterally.
• Able to network and build relationships, with strong interpersonal skills.
• Self-reliant, flexible and resourceful. Sets high standards.
• Demonstrates assertiveness, determination and perseverance.
• Self-motivator — able to set own goals and deliver against them.
• Able to analyse and propose solutions quickly and accurately. Learns quickly
• Positive attitude and approach to all issues. Solution oriented
* Minimum of HNC in an engineering discipline, together with sound practical engineering training
* Minimum of 3 years drawing board experience
£33k - £36k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£30k - £42k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual