Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
We have an opportunity available to work with an international market leader within the oil and gas industry as a Mechanical Repair Technician. Based in Gloucester, this award-winning company are at the forefront of engineering for a critical component of a range of machines and systems.
We are searching for a Mechanical Repair Technician with an engineering background and knowledge of mechanical assembly. You will be responsible for stripping, testing, fault diagnosis and repair of various valve systems based on customer requirements.
This role will predominantly be workshop based. Once a candidate is fully trained and has the necessary experience, there may be potential to complete work on sites or progress to new areas.
Key responsibilities for a Mechanical Fitter:
* Strip various valve systems to identify and report faults
* Carry out repairs and testing
* Complete reports on all works completed
* Work to tight deadlines to ensure parts are despatched on time (highly likely to involve additional hours - paid as overtime or time in lieu)
* Maintain high levels of housekeeping within the working environment
* Liaise with customers where required
To be considered for this Mechanical Repair Technician role you must have:
* Experience with assembly work (valve assembly experience is desirable but not essential)
* A good level of understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good communication skills – written and verbal
* A keen eye for detail and be methodical while working quickly
* Be able to follow instructions accurately and learn new skills quickly
* A clean, Full UK driving licence (minor points considered)
Where a candidate is able to demonstrate the transferable skills necessary to complete the role and can clearly show an engineering background, training will be provided to bring them up to the required level.
Pay and Hours:
£8.80 - £11.41 per hour dependent on experience
37.5hrs per week (standard) + overtime (paid at: rate x 1.33 - week, rate x 1.5 - Sat, rate x 2 - Sun)
£16 - £30 Hourly
£18 - £18.5 Hourly
£12 - £13 Hourly
£12 - £14 Annual
£24.6k - £24.6k Annual
£12.5 - £13.8 Hourly
£18 - £18 Hourly
£27k - £27k Annual