Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
As Production Engineer, you will support current production processes with emphasis on machine up-time and quality; support the launch of new processes, continuous improvement, process improvements and waste reduction efforts and produce assembly instructions to log the build standard via tools available and ensure said standard and quality is maintained, reducing any impact to the end user.
Production Engineer Role:
* Provide effective production support using skilled trouble-shooting and leadership.
* Participate in problem-solving and the development of cross-functional teams, liaising between production and engineering departments.
* Responsible for implementation of production processes and procedures, leading productivity improvements with project-based activities, including New Product Introduction and manufacturing cell/shop floor layout design to reduce waste. Improve quality and safety and reduce operating costs.
* Actively committed to Health and Safety practices
Production Engineer Requirements:
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, but equivalent qualification considered (ONC, City & Guilds Level 3, BTEC Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma or equivalent NVQ Level 3 qualification).
* Professional accreditation with an industry related body would be advantageous.
* Experience as a manufacturing or production engineer within a manufacturing environment.
* Experience in the "yellow goods industry" or automotive industry either for OEM or first tier supplier.
* Industrial Engineering/Time Study experience/capability.
* Have had liaison with product design/ manufacturing feasibility.
* Six Sigma Certified (Green belt – minimum, Black belt preferred).
* Lean manufacturing implementation:
* Process improvement.
* Waste identification.
* Knowledge of Poke Yoke.
* Problem solving (such as 8D).
* New product introduction.
* Have a hands-on approach.
* Excellent PC skills.
Applications are welcomed from Candidates who possess the relevant skills and experience as detailed in the job description.
Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of skills and experience need not apply.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK before making an application and it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence of such eligibility
£30k - £35k Annual
£25k - £40k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual
£38k - £42k Annual
£35k - £38k Annual
£28 - £35 Annual