Senior Pricing Analyst
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
As an experienced Senior Pricing Analyst you will undertake the following duties
* Regular monitoring and analysing the performance of Ageas’ accounts, as required, at the macro, rating factor and agent in order to identify opportunities to optimise profitable growth through necessary pricing changes.
* Continually reviewing, developing and recommending new and enhanced management information and pricing concepts.
* You will be expected to monitor and analyse the pricing of competitors in order to identify and recommend changes to optimise Ageas’ competitive position.
* Identifying trends in the market that may affect our pricing and underwriting of our products.
* Evaluation of new schemes and product positions to identify possible profitability
* Perform GLM analysis when necessary and use Radar for impact assessment
* Closely working with our underwriters, you will be recommending enhanced or alterations to product covers.
* Presenting at regular meetings with senior underwriters and managers
* You will be expected to work alongside and support, the Pricing Manager as required. Helping and guiding junior members of the team.
Skills and experience you need as a Senior Pricing Analyst
* Previous experience in non-life insurance pricing (preferably Motor) of at least 4 years is essential. Bring the skills and expertise required to perform in this role.
* You will be a strong communicator and able to demonstrate this through experience of building strong internal and external relationships.
* Degree (2.1 or higher) or equivalent qualification in mathematics, statistics or a scientific / financial discipline and / or relevant experience.
* Highly computer literate; ability to use Excel and PowerPoint at advanced level
* Good knowledge of Emblem and Radar is required
* Expert in using SAS or equivalent database package(s),ie. R/SQL/Python
* Experience in applying Machine Learning for problem solving is an advantage
* Experience in managing large data sets, perform analysis and present results in clear and concise manner
* Ability to work independently
For more details about this role and Ageas apply now
£70k - £75k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£55k - £80k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual