Shift Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Title: Shift Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Salary: £Negotiable DOE
Are you a mechanical engineer leaving your military career, looking for a role with an established and reputable company? Would you like to work to be part of a team responsible for the maintenance and repair of machinery in a busy manufacturing facility? This could be the opportunity for you. My client is recruiting for mechanically biased Shift Maintenance Engineers with electrical skills to join their facility in Slough.
SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, SHIFT PATTERN, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, ONSITE PARKING AND CANTEEN FACILITIES.
Shift Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias) Responsibilities:
- Responsible for site maintenance including the plant, utilities and production machinery, carrying out preventative and reactive tasks.
- Respond to requests for repairs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Undertake routine maintenance as directed by management.
- Participate in a rota providing emergency standby cover for the site.
- Ensure compliance with the company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Maintain engineering spares and procurement of engineering spares and parts.
Shift Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias) Requirements:
- Mechanically biased engineer with a relevant engineering qualification.
- Experience of working in a maintenance environment.
- Electrical skills – hold 17th Edition/18th Edition – advantageous.
- Working knowledge of three phase (415v) electrical systems.
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Prepared to work shifts and be flexible towards working hours including days, nights and weekends.
Shift Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias) Benefits:
- Salary is Negotiable depending on experience)
- 40 hour working week – 5 out of 7 days, including weekends and night shifts.
- 20 days holiday including 8 bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Onsite parking and canteen facilities.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, Army or RAF Multi-Skilled Engineering backgrounds