Trainee / Entry Level IT Support
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
polkadotfrog is working with a cutting edge technology company who is are seeking a number of Junior Support Engineers to join their established team. The successful candidates will be offered training on the job externally and internally and also the chance to develop and progress within the business - you will not find a better training and working environment!
Within this 24/7 environment you will be working within a rotating shift pattern (organised 1 year in advance). Duties will include:
* Monitoring alarms, alerts and system performance to ensure service levels are maintained and exceeded
* Taking remedial action to address issues in accordance with the prescribed processes.
* Undertaking planned/scheduled activities in line with Operational procedures and executing event and analyses reports for various stakeholders dealing with some clients and users directly.
* Responsible for logging and documenting all issues & communication via operational tools, web, email and phone.
* Highly motivated individual who can work in a team
* Troubleshooting skills
* Have a 'Can do’ proactive attitude and demonstrating an eagerness to learn and acquire new skills and experience.
* Ability to work within a shift 24/7 environment
* Prior experience working within a technical environment or technical ability via home learning or education
* Ability to communicate effectively with users and international users
* Knowledge of basic principles of networking, protocols and associated technologies
* Understands the causes and consequences of system failure including load balance and storage protocols and responds appropriately
* Knowledge of architecture of a typical business IT system, including hardware, OS, server, virtualisation, middleware and applications
* Understands the importance of service level agreements, standards and/or agreed response times and operates within these parameters
* Understands and operates effectively in the business environment and responds to business issues