Senior Actuarial Analyst
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Your specific role will be supporting the current team of Analysts and Managers in the monitoring and analysis of the performance of the company’s motor account, and responsible for the evaluation of reserves and monitoring of claims trends. You will ideally have previous experience at a senior level within a similar role, capable of carrying out claims and pricing analysis using a number of appropriate actuarial and statistical methods of analysis. You will be working closely with other departments, including Underwriting, Finance and Claims, therefore be a confident communicator and able to work well as part of a team. Please note this role can be based at either our London or Eastleigh office.
Main duties and responsibilities within the Senior Actuarial Analyst role:
* Carry out and peer review elements of the quarterly and monthly reserve review exercises carried out across the team, as well as additional claims related analysis.
* Ensure production of analysis of Claims performance, identifying trends and features, producing claims projection models, which includes the interpretation and communication of suitable recommendations to Senior Management.
* Working on ad hoc pricing projects with the overall aim of having a direct impact on profitability.
* Leading the departments thinking in the pro-active use of data available and wider insurance business awareness to support the underwriting and claim functions in identifying areas of interest.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of effective statistical models and MI in relation to the company’s underwriting performance and pricing strength.
* Assist in the presentation of statistics and reports to Management.
* Model, interpret and monitor business data to identify and confirm market trends, niche product opportunities and new/changing rating factors.
* Make recommendations to Underwriters and Senior Management based on this analysis.
* Provide professional actuarial input in the development and launch of new products.
The successful Senior Actuarial Analyst role you will have the following;
* Experience in reserving and/or pricing of general insurance lines ideally Motor based
* Part/nearly qualified actuary with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
* A degree level mathematics/ statistics or equivalent
* A high level of understanding of modern actuarial and statistical modelling techniques is essential.
* Claims Reserving software, for example ResQ
* Database and programming packages, for example SAS
Benefits for the position of Senior Actuarial Analyst
Our people enjoy a comprehensive range of flexible benefit options such as a company pension, 25 rising to 27 days’ holiday with the ability to buy an additional 5 days, a personal car lease option, health and dental plans, private medical insurance, life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up or down, and a discretionary annual bonus. Our people enjoy discounted gym membership as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz and make the most of our Wellbeing activities and Sports and Social Club events. We have also introduced our “Dress for Your Day” policy which means you have the option of what to wear depending on what your day holds.
We’re an award-winning, international insurer with key markets in Europe and Asia and go back a fair bit too - almost 200 years. Fast-forward to today and we’re proud to be one of Europe’s top 20 insurance companies. Our UK team of 3,000, stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our most important people – our customers. We’re recognised for our excellent insurance cover and being easy and straightforward to deal with. Plus, we understand the need for choice, which is why our insurance can be bought with us directly, and through aggregator sites as well as through our broker relationships and our leading partnership brands. We have around 5 million customers and have a first-class attitude when it comes to being there for them when they need us most. Don’t just take our word for all this though. We’ve scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running which speaks volumes about our dedicated teams across our UK offices based in London, Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Eastleigh, Bournemouth and Port Solent.
Click the ‘Apply’ button to be considered for this Senior Actuarial Analyst opportunity based at Ageas in London