Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Main Responsibilities of the i-Series Developer:
* To develop the delegated computer systems, sub-systems or suites of programs to meet the company’s business requirements and I.T’s technical requirements within the agreed schedule, thereby providing a quality service to the department’s customers.
* An IT Developer may be asked to delegate analysis and programming to other resources. In such cases, the IT Developer should ensure that these resources are effectively used and efficiently controlled.
* To establish and maintain sound business relations with users of I.T services so that areas where I.T itself can assist business objectives are identified and user requirements are clearly understood.
* To seek out ways and put forward ideas for improving productivity and creating business opportunities.
* To design software adhering to department standards in order to meet specified requirements, keeping the DTL/SD informed as to the progress of their work.
* To respond to help desk queries and identify those problems, which require immediate investigation, delegating where appropriate to an IT Developer or a Junior/Trainee IT Developer, to ensure minimal disruption to the business.
* To establish and maintain appreciation of new technological and software developments for the benefit of the department and wider company.
* To ensure that fair treatment of customers is integral to the operation of area of responsibility, and that effective education, analysis and monitoring takes place so that prompt action can be taken to ensure compliance.
To be successful as an iSeries Developer you will have the following skills and experience:
You will join the team with a strong skill set and previous experience as a Developer, a knowledge of Java Script is essential for this role, HTML is a clear advantage. You will take a proactive approach to problem solving, using a logical approach and having an enthusiasm for change and improving things.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the iSeries Developer role based In Eastleigh:
Our people enjoy a comprehensive range of flexible benefit options such as a company pension, 23 days’ holiday (rising to 25 days after 3 years) with the ability to buy an additional 5 days, a personal car lease option, health and dental plans, life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up or down, and a discretionary annual bonus. Our people enjoy discounted gym membership as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz and make the most of our Wellbeing activities and Sports and Social Club events. We have also introduced our “Dress for Your Day” policy which means you have the option of what to wear depending on what your day holds.
We’re an award-winning, international insurer with key markets in Europe and Asia and go back a fair bit too - almost 200 years. Fast-forward to today and we’re proud to be one of Europe’s top 20 insurance companies. Our UK team of 3,000, stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our most important people – our customers. We are recognised for our excellent insurance cover and being easy and straightforward to deal with. Plus, we understand the need for choice, which is why our insurance can be bought with us directly, and through aggregator sites as well as through our broker relationships and our leading partnership brands. We have around 5 million customers and have a first-class attitude when it comes to being there for them when they need us most. Don’t just take our word for all this though, we’ve scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running which speaks volumes about our dedicated teams across our UK offices based in London, Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Eastleigh, Bournemouth and Port Solent.
Click on the ‘Apply button’ to be considered for our iSeries Developer opportunity at Ageas in Eastleigh