Commercial Project Manager - Pumps
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Flow Control are hiring for another commercially minded Project Engineer to take the lead of client relationships in regards to large Pump and Pumping Systems installations for Oil & Gas projects.
Responsible for (but not limited to):
* Face of company for customer orders ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Overseeing and maintaining project schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
* Liaising with internal departments, suppliers and customers to make sure milestones are achieved on time. Obtaining the best results from people under pressure.
* Providing customers with progress reports.
* Overseeing commercial issues such as bank guarantees, stage payments, letters of credit etc.
* Resolve disagreements between RP and customers on commercial, technical (with engineering input) and lead time.
* Conducting meetings with customers and internal staff such as kick-off or clarification meetings.
* Organising and conducting inspections/visits from customers or third parties.
* Preparing documents such as order acknowledgements and inspection release notes.
* Reviewing project costings to ensure projects are delivered within budget.
* Working with the quality management system to ensure processes are carried out correctly.
* Continually improve systems and processes to become faster, more efficient and reduce errors.
* Experience in oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical markets.
* Project execution, particularly project management.
* Rotating equipment, ideally pumps.
* Strong commercial and technical negotiation with customers.
* Knowledge for the manufacturing process (NDT, welding, machining, casting).
* Working with international standards such as ISO or ASME.
* Reading technical specifications and drawings.
* ERP/MRP systems such as SAP for example (RP uses Infor Baan)
* Working within a quality management system, ideally ISO 9001
* Good abilities with Microsoft office (word, excel, power point etc) and adobe acrobat.
* Good negotiation skills
* Excellent people skills
* Excellent commercial awareness
* Excellent English and communication skills.
* Good work ethic working in a team or on individual tasks.
* Highly organised.
* Thorough attention to detail