Lead/Chief Design Draughtsman
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
* Lead and mentor CAD draughting team.
* Senior level “go-to person” for all Solid Edge modelling and draughting issues.
* Oversee the daily activities of the draughting team, to ensure that the team is working within the agreed project plan, and ensuring all project goals and objectives are being met.
* Produce detailed drawings from 3D models and design concepts.
* Orient, train and check the draughting work of engineers and CAD draughters.
* Develop and promote the use of CAD / PLM best practices.
* Infuse best-in-class draughting disciplines and processes in to the operation.
* Check and verify accuracy and completeness of all finished drawings.
* Ensure draughting technical details to BS 8888.
* Manager the engineering design change control.
* Administration of CAD and PLM software.
* Chair / attend regular departmental review meetings and distribute minutes of these meetings to the draughting team and Director of Engineering.
Key skills and qualifications
* 8-10 years relevant CAD draughting experience
* Degree qualified in a relevant discipline including mechanical/electrical/product design or be able to demonstrate work at an appropriate level.
* Proficiency in Solid Edge software
* Possesses and applies extensive knowledge of draughting standards and expertise with Solid Edge to the completion of complex assignments.
* Understanding of design process, design research, prototyping and manufacturing processes.
* Clear leadership qualities and demonstrated success in change management.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Previous experience within an engineering or manufacturing company preferred.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Basic salary circa £40k based on experience.
* Company Incentive scheme.
* Salary Sacrifice Pension Plan with 7.5% employer contributions and a death in service policy.
* 22 days holiday, plus statutory days