Senior Electrical Design Draughtsperson
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
* Work as one of the primary electrical designers within the business.
* Create electrical detailed designs of systems and sub-systems from defined client specification, this will include designing control panels (including layouts), schematics, and creation of associated documentation including BOM’s, manufacturing drawings etc.
* You are expected to work within the agreed time scales and costs, liaise with the customer and all other departments in the Company at all levels.
* Knowledge and experience of design change control and release procedures MRP and or ERP systems
* To support the manufacturing process, resolving and clarifying electrical and wiring issues in products
Key skills and qualifications
* The successful candidate will have at least 8 years’ experience as an electrical design draughtsman using Electrical CAD Software.
* 5 years practical experience in an Electrical manufacturing environment is necessary and we would anticipate a minimum qualification in an appropriate subject at HND level.
* Experience in the use of applicable directives, norms and standards used in light industrial applications are essential.
* The successful applicant will need to have good communication skills as the duties will include liaising with internal departments, have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
* Temperature controller configuration.
* PLC programming experience would be an advantage.
* Furnace or oven electrical design experience would be an advantage though not essential as training will be given
* Flexible, hands-on approach to working within a project team or individually.
* Computer literate.
* Valid passport holder and clean driving licence required for occasional travel.
* Basic salary circa £36k based on experience.
* Company Incentive scheme.
* Salary Sacrifice Pension Plan with 7.5% employer contributions and a death in service policy.
* 22 days holiday, plus statutory days