Design Change Manager
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
What they can offer you?
* Excellent benefits.
* Excellent Salary (Negotiable)
* A career within automation one of the number one growth industries in the world.
* Career progression opportunities.
* Exposure to cutting edge technology.
Permanent Benefits Include:
Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Enhanced Pension Scheme, Free Company Shares, Income Protection, Childcare Support, Various Associate Offers and a lot more.
I am currently looking to recruit a Design Change Manager to join my client based in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
The role of the Product Design Change Manager is to maintain a suite of existing engineering products by carrying out design change requests, documentation updates and enhancements. Also solves engineering problems in a structured manner.
Role & Responsibilities
* Responsible for maintaining a suite of existing engineering products, keeping documentation up to date, managing changes and making enhancements.
* Responsible for carrying out design change requests and associated administration in a timely manner. This includes prioritising the most important work.
* Track requests and make the progress visible to stakeholders and/or change control boards, using relevant tools.
* Solves engineering problems in a structured and methodical manner; includes using root cause analysis and other techniques to identify problems.
* Performs design work including 3D modelling, calculations and design verification testing as needed.
* Responsible for part selection taking into consideration cost, availability and obsolescence.
* Responsible for updating of technical specifications including functional design specifications, drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials.
* Responsible for preparing and presenting changes to designs and reporting on progress.
* Keeps up to date with the latest manufacturing techniques and material developments.
* Lead and manage teams assigned with the role of change management and current product maintenance.
Skills , Experience and Qualifications
* Previous experience of working with PLM or PDM systems, with a high sensitivity to version control, change compatibility, production release timings etc.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a highly tactical environment
* Is an excellent communicator.
* Skilled in root cause analysis.
* Familiar with presenting at Change Control Board meetings.
* A good Degree in engineering or equivalent engineering qualification with experience.
* A proven track record in product design change, preferably complex electromechanical automation systems or similar machines.
* Expert experience in CAD.
* Experience draughting to BS8888 with the use of GD&T.
* A good understanding of component selection.
* The ability to work within a team on multiple projects, to prioritise tasks and to manage own time.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
* Can demonstrate significant experience working in a change management system.
* Experienced in Solidworks
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful