Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours available: Rotating shift pattern, one week on earlies and one week on lates. Flexible approach to working hours and commitment to both shift patterns is essential. The early day shift hours are 06.00 - 14.00 Monday - Friday and the late day shift hours are 14.00 - 22.00 Monday - Friday.
Salary:Basic Annual Earnings Approx. £31,300 (Inclusive of Performance Bonus / Shift Premium) - Limited overtime available
Calculated on a basic of £10.12 per hour x 40 hours per week x 52 weeks, plus business performance bonus (for reference only) approx. £5,000 per annum (calculated weekly, paid monthly - i.e. approx. £350 -£450 per month). + Shift premium of 1.25 on basic hourly rate.
OTE £16.40 per hour, average of £34,100 per annum (approx, inclusive of performance bonus).
When proven and able to produce three product ranges / operations plus to the correct quality level within target times.
• 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays. (2 days accrued per month worked).
• 4% contributory pension scheme (after 3 months service).
• Death in service life insurance scheme.
• Health cover scheme for dental, optician etc. (after 3 months service). Kids membership included. Additional membership for partner is available however the cost of that is paid for by yourself.
Technician Powder Coating role:
* Interpreting technical & safety data sheets to ensure correct coverage and gloss level achieved;
* Powdering direct to bare metal and to undercoat components
* Understanding powder gun functions & able to strip down and re-assemble
* Setting up powder guns and equipment to compensate for different type of surface
* Completing various planned Maintenance tasks on all Powder coat/Preparation equipment;
* Achieving high quality standards on both small jigged components to complex larger chassis’;
* Maintain a clean environment within the department;
* Use correct/defined consumables for preparation & sanding of metal components before powder application.
* Skilled in masking & reworking powder coated parts;
* Booking on/off jobs, filling out timesheets, quality check sheets & labels correctly;
* Identifying material surface defects on parts prior powder and repairing using adequate products;
* Masking, final powder preparation, handling parts on and off powder runways.
* Moving of chassis parts in and out of powder ovens.
Paint Technician Experience
* In powder coating to understand the effects of poor preparation and/or poor powder application can have in terms of inconsistent film thickness, gloss levels, orange peel appearance & colour variations;
* An appreciation of the Health & Safety hazards within a paint shop, specifically flammable liquids.
* In using & maintaining air fed respiratory equipment;
* Operating within a lean manufacturing/continuous improvement team environment;
* Wet interzinc primer using airless, air assisted and hvlp systems. Preferably within manufacturing or car industry;
* Preferably of industrial powder coating
If you think you have suitable skills ans experience please send in your details and we look forward to hearing with you
Technician, Powder Coating Technician, Powder Coating