Machine Maintenance Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
What is the purpose of the job;
* To provide a safety conscious electrical and mechanical installation/maintenance/repair service for all production machinery/equipment on a timely basis.
* To identify improvement opportunities within the Maintenance Department.
Key tasks for position holder:
* To plan and implement a preventative maintenance schedule which minimises downtime. To carry out maintenance in accordance with the schedule. To analyse the effectiveness of the preventative maintenance schedule and make amendments as necessary.
* To carry out breakdown repairs as required, engaging contractors’ and external service Engineers as necessary. To carry out safety related activities as a first priority and to ensure all machine guards and safety devices are fitted and working in accordance with regulations.
* To source, negotiate discounts, delivery dates and purchase parts and consumables to maintain machinery and stock requirements and arrange delivery for arrival just prior (within 1 week) to the planned PMS’s.
* To record data relating to incidents, actions and downtime on the maintenance database in a timely manner, and to record relevant breakdown information onto the Machine Breakdown Report sheets.
* To liaise with department personnel when they approach with a maintenance/repair need and advise of schedule for action and conflicts of priority.
* To participate in the installation of new machinery, working with installation engineers to gain a working knowledge of the equipment as soon as possible.
* To ensure safe working practice by working within the Company Health and Safety Procedures and the Maintenance ‘Permit to Work’ guidelines.
* To identify improvement opportunities within the Maintenance Department and be active in there implementation.
* To maintain and improve the 5S level within the department.
Elements of work requirements:
* Machinery electrical installation, fault finding & maintenance (relays, input/output cards, fuses, drive amplifiers, power supplies, transformers, control boards, spindle drives, motors, encoders, scales, micro-switches, proximity-switches, contactors, exe units, lasers, chip readers, pressure switches, displays, fans, brakes, etc)
* Machinery mechanical installation, fault finding & maintenance (drive belts, bearings, couplings, guarding, geometry/alignment, pumps, motors, brakes, leadscrews/ballscrews, springs, gears, clutches, chains, draw bars, seals, valves, etc)
* Hydraulic installation, fault finding & maintenance.
* Pneumatic installation, fault finding & maintenance.
* Ability to create Servicing Work Instructions
* Ability to read machine assembly drawings and machine electrical installation drawings
* Ability to carry out ball bar checks, to align machine axis and to fit bearings
* Ability to use and understand test equipment
* Knowledge of PPE, manual handling, safe slinging
* Knowledge of drive systems, control systems and lubrication systems
* Knowledge of relevant regulations
* Basic machine operation
* Understanding of motors, pneumatics and hydraulics
* Ability to fit and repair gearboxes
* Ability to fault find to circuit board level
Salary range 27k - 30k (with premium £33.75-£37.5k)
+ Bonus - annual bonus paid in December based on site performance
37.5 hour week Double Dayshift alternating over 2 weeks
+ 25% Shift Premium
25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Group Personal Pension Scheme
Life Assurance for all current Pension Scheme members while employed.
Company Sick Pay Scheme (with qualifying periods)
On site subsidised Restaurant
Apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the role in more detail