Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by First UK Bus
We are looking for a HGV/PSV Mechanic/Technician (Shift) to join our team in Larbert
You will be a fully qualified Skilled Technician/Mechanic with previous experience, preferably with knowledge of PCV/HGV vehicles.
The salary for this position is £13.70 per hour (£27,000 per annum). Your working hours will be 38 per week
The safety and reliability of our buses is vital in making sure we can provide the highest levels of service to our customers. We are continually investing in new vehicles and our entire fleet is one of the youngest in the country.
Dealing with the full range of systems, your job covers diagnosis and repairs, routine examinations, servicing and parts replacement. You will also be responsible for recording job data.
Technical Knowledge and Training
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level I & 2)
- To be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems including engines, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, drive trains, compressed air systems, hydraulic systems, braking systems, steering systems, suspension systems, cooling systems and basic auto electrics
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment including brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, pressurised oil and waste systems, battery chargers and starters, trolley jacks, scaffolding, pressure wash and automatic washing equipment, digital smoke readers, headlamp alignment testers, hydraulic jacks and testing equipment, drilling machines, torque wrenches, pedestal grinders and general portable equipment (i.e. air guns, drills, electric and pneumatic hand tools etc..)
- To be fully familiar with all relevant diagnostic equipment including hydraulic flow meters, air and vacuum gauges, multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometers, Vernier gauges, engine and gearbox laptop testing equipment
- To have basic skills in gas and electric welding, burning, and basic body repairs
- To attend vehicle manufacturer product training courses, VOSA vehicle inspection training and specialist vehicle recovery training as required, this may involve an overnight stay
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
You'll also enjoy a range of benefits, such as free travel on our buses for you and your family, a pension scheme and the chance to buy discounted First shares. Our rewards also include First Xclusives where you can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services.
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Together we provide helpful and reliable services on our buses, keep thousands of vehicles on the road and make sure everything runs smoothly.
We can offer you a wide range of rewarding careers, as we make a big investment in the future and transform the world of bus travel.
Interested? Click on apply and complete an application form!