Posted on Jul 31, 2019 by Strive Health & Rehabilitation
Strive! Physical Therapy Centers is looking for a positive and friendly Speech Therapist to join our growing team of professionals. We currently have opportunities available in one of our acute/hospital settings.
Strive! is PT-owned and has operated in Florida since 1984. We are located in the heart of Florida's beautiful horse country: the city of Ocala. Not only is it a wonderful area to raise a family and enjoy year round recreation, but it has also consistently ranked in the top 10% of places to live on a national basis.
Strive! is also a part of Ocala Health, which operates Ocala Regional Medical Center (ORMC) & West Marion Community Hospital (WMCH). We are known for our state-of-the-art out-patient fitness centers and currently operate three outpatient centers specializing in Orthopedics, Sports Injury, Occupational, and Hand Therapies.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- First Class Compensation and Benefits.
- Working with a Great Team of People.
- Flexible Work Hours (Full-time, Part-time, PRN)
- Career Path Planning and Nurturing.
- Friendly setting, perfect for a learning environment.
- Convenient Central Florida Location.
- Reviews physician's referral and patient's diagnosis; develops patient/therapist relationship by obtaining pertinent subjective information with regard to the diagnosis
- Performs evaluations on new referrals including identifying impairments, determining the level of improvement and documenting findings in order to develop and review treatment programs
- Services application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as; cognitive-communication; speech intelligibility; oral motor skills; and swallowing disorders/dysphasia. Additional therapeutic techniques included are orientation, memory, pragmatics, psychosocial expression and/or communication.
- Re-evaluates effects of treatment in various stages and adjusts as necessary to achieve maximum benefit.
- Dictates and/or writes progress letters and initial letters to be typed and sent to referring physicians; records pertinent data in the form of notes after each treatment session in the patient's chart.
- Properly document Medicare forms.
- Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home; reviews family's and patient's competency of procedures; provides written copy of treatment to be continued at home.
- Communicates with physicians or their staff by phone or in writing to obtain additional patient information.
- May suggest revisions in treatment as appropriate.
- Utilizes effective communication skills with physicians, patients, families, insurance carriers, caseworkers, and co-workers, etc.
- Orients, instructs and directs work activities of technicians and students.
- Participates in QA and staff meetings (professional and general).
- Complies with Florida requirements for licensure (i.e. ethical conduct, continuing education, and license renewal).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program, Master's degree preferred.
- Current professional licensure to practice in Florida
- Ability to read and write
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.