Customer Care Representative
Posted on Jul 31, 2019 by ImOn Communications
ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for high-speed Internet, cable TV and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving the area for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Customer Care Representative to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for Creating Connections One Person at a Time and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
Customer Care Representatives provide complete technical support through our customer care contact center, for both current and potential cable television, high-speed data (HSD), and phone customers. This position requires teamwork and the ability to achieve customer satisfaction along with meeting department and company goals.
Essential Job Responsibilities for Primary Functional Area of Accountability
- Assist customers with general service inquiries, account changes, billing information, and technical issues and offering our outstanding products to new and existing customers.
- Demonstrate active listening and effective communication to ensure a mutual understanding of customer's concerns.
- Represent ImOn Communications in a positive, professional, and ethical manner; working to exceed customer's expectations while minimizing need for further escalation.
- Take ownership and accountability that serves to facilitate successful outcomes per customer requests.
- Promote ImOn products and services based on a logical relationship to the customer's needs and in accordance with business goals.
- Analyze and solve problems regarding billing, service, or sales issues.
- Demonstrate punctuality and consistent attendance.
- MUST be able to work a flexible schedule. Shift will fall between the hours of 8am and 8pm, Monday through Friday. Some Saturdays may be required.
- Personal Accountability: Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes that are in alignment with the direction of the organization; understand the impact of one person on a group or organization; seek opportunities to redirect self and others to achieve desire results; maintain a friendly, positive and focused outlook.
- Team Approach: Able to maintain corporative unity with members of direct team as well as other departments; is mindful of how action impact others and contributes a positive energy and attitude to the group; actively participate in team activities and dialogue; accept and support team decisions.
- Customer Focus: Able to demonstrate passion and excitement for serving others by placing customer issues at the highest priority, taking responsibility for solving customer problems and creating an environment with customers that fosters a positive long-term relationship and customer loyalty; challenge co-workers to empathize with customers.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify the root cause of customer problems by actively listening; offer creative and valuable responses to customer request, problems and complaints; use negotiation skills to provide a positive solution for customers and the company; incorporate existing ideas and new ideas in a unique approach to resolve issues and capitalize on opportunities.
- Decision Making & Business Implications: Able to critically analyze problem areas and consider the impact of decisions on customer and company; obtain and understand facts, weigh risks and objectively prioritize alternatives that result in decisive action; understand business objectives and make decisions that present a positive outcome for all parties involved.
- Interpersonal Skills: Able to establish rapport and build trust with others; interact positively with various personalities using appropriate language and gestures; demonstrate empathy and sensitivity by considering the concerns and circumstances of others before making judgments or taking action; able to view a situation from multiple perspectives.
Required Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
- High School degree or equivalent plus at least 2 years customer service experience in a high-contact, service-related environment.
- Proficient PC skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to articulate relevant information and directions in an organized and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated listening skills with the ability to obtain key information to assess customer needs and resolve service problems.
- Proven ability to maintain composure in stressful situations. Flexibility to work variable schedules and overtime as required.
If you are interested in being a part of the ImOn Difference please apply today!