Administrative Assistant III - Courier #19-3943
Posted on Jul 28, 2019 by Confidential
Administrative Assistant III - Courier (Anchorage) Job #19-3943
Position Summary: Under direction, receives sorts and delivers agency mail, independently completes assigned mail pick-up and delivery routes, may operate postage metering equipment, maintains logs and tracks packages.
Reports to: Administrative Manager
Primary responsibility for mail handling assignments requiring close attention to detail and good memory for routes, codes, and postage rules and regulations.
Supervision Received and Exercised: Non-exempt, non-supervisory position.
Examples of Duties
- Receive products from vendors, collects and delivers internal mail, office supplies, maintenance supplies, records, record boxes, and miscellaneous.
- Corporate documents, facilitates delivery of time sensitive items including priority maintenance supplies.
- Assist in the delivery of supplies and special order items to the airport, post office, AHFC warehouse, or other specified businesses.
- Perform occasional clerical duties to support other Administrative Services functions.
- Pick-up and delivery of miscellaneous documents to other businesses and organizations.
- Pick-up and delivery of internal mail/communications.
- Pick-up and delivery of computer tapes, small packages to various businesses and organizations.
- Safe operation of company vehicles and other transport equipment, complying with Corporate vehicle policies.
- Assist in the receipt, issue and storage of corporate supplies and assets.
- Compose non-routine letters; proofreads, distributes and mails correspondence; routes incoming and outgoing departmental mail and correspondence; requiring and not requiring a supervisor's attention, to the proper party.
- Assists with mailroom duties to include; collects mail from corporate office areas and posts outgoing mail for pick-up, which includes mail from all sites in Anchorage. Disbursement of Corporation mail, processes large mail outs, and bulk mailing. Receives and dispatches overnight or express mail service parcels.
- Interviews callers and screens telephone calls; makes and cancels appointments as needed; receives complaints and requests for information, routes them for necessary action, and composes and types replies upon receipt of information.
- Interpersonal skills will be utilized on a daily basis through interaction with the public and employees. Must enjoy working with a wide variety of people.
- Works in JADE, Mitas, pcard provider software, Origami and other databases.
- Performs all duties in a manner consistent with good safety practices.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: Principles, practices and procedures of Corporation management and business administration, efficient office management, computers. Basic office machinery, including fax machines, copiers, typewriters, personal computers, main frame computers, word processing and business etiquette; applicable procurement requirements, regulations and Corporate guidelines; procedures for obtaining supplies and services; State of Alaska motor vehicle laws; basic materials management; basic records management.
Skills and Abilities: Mainframe and personal computers, Yardi, Microsoft Office Suite, MITAS, KRONOS software applications. Excellent typing and data entry skills are mandatory.
Abilities: Understand needs, priorities, policies and procedures; comprehend, compile and interpret information; function with a high degree of independence; Ability to plan daily routes and manage time efficiently to achieve all of the daily workload; establish and maintain cooperative relations with those contacted in the course of work. Write clearly and prepare clear and comprehensive reports; keep electronic and paper records; comprehend written material; interpret and apply rules and instructions; and work well with the public; use telephone directories and equipment; think and act quickly in emergencies.
- High school graduate or equivalent and four years of administrative experience in office clerical work to include operation of office machinery, fax machines, copiers, typewriters, personal computers and word processing. At least one-year experience as a courier.
- Must be able to lift at least 70 pound when required and 50 pounds repeatedly during an 8 or 9 hour workday; bend and stretch; sit and view a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Courier, Inventory supply and/or Records background or knowledge is beneficial.
- Must have a valid Alaska driver's license and show proof of a good driving record when requested.
This is a level 12 position with a monthly salary of $3,283.52 per month. Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and leave package.
All external applicants tentatively selected for this position shall be required to submit to urinalysis and breath alcohol testing to screen for illegal drug/alcohol use and complete a pre-employment physical prior to appointment.
AHFC provides employment opportunities to low and very-low income persons, in compliance with Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968. Public Housing Residents are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer