Project and Proposal Coordinator
Posted on Jul 26, 2019 by THE VIRGINIA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP
Project and Proposal Coordinator, Richmond
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Project and Proposal Coordinator to join its Research Division. VEDP is a state authority that fosters economic growth in the Commonwealth by cultivating new business investment, supporting the expansion of existing Virginia businesses, and championing international trade activity. Working closely with colleagues in multiple VEDP divisions and with external partners, the Project and Proposal Coordinator will provide businesses with customized responses to requests for information and proposals that effectively convey Virginia's comprehensive value proposition.
- Prepare and coordinate comprehensive and confidential responses to businesses' requests for proposals (RFPs) and information (RFIs);
- Engage with business recruitment managers and clients to understand the individual needs of businesses interested in locating or expanding in Virginia.
- Coordinate the development of tailored strategies and approaches to secure positive business location and expansion decisions for Virginia.
- Build customized business cases that leverage the state's unique resources and advantages to address client needs; and
- Use fiscal impact models to develop recommendations for incentive packages and to assess their associated costs and revenues.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills and experience managing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Sharp critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong research and analytical abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail, as written work will often be carefully scrutinized.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Significant experience with the Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Familiarity with graphic design software (InDesign) and Salesforce CRM software preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Experience in preparing proposals or similar client materials is preferred.
- Academic or professional experience in the fields of economic development or business and marketing is preferred.
A valid driver's license is required. Some overnight travel may be required. Applicants must provide a résumé and a short cover letter. Work samples may be requested of short-listed applicants.
Salary Minimum: $50,000.
Application deadline: July 26, 2019.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1- or . TDD 1-