Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Posted on Jul 26, 2019 by Access Group
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
Volcanic are a leading global provider of recruitment and staffing websites. Our software-as-a-service subscription model keeps us invested in our business - and yours. We're proud to have delivered more than 4.5M candidates to our clients this year, representing 25 percent of online job applications in the UK alone. Every individual in the diverse Volcanic team has the hunger to succeed and plays a critical role in developing the business, and since earlier 2019 became part of the Access Group Family.
Volcanic came 9 th in the 2019 Northern Tech Award for one of the fastest growing Technology companies in the north.
Make your mark in Development
Volcanic have a great opportunity for someone to join us as a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer, this is a permanent position based within our Stockport office.
Working within our experienced senior development team (engineers with 5+ years each in Ruby, others with Node.js, React, Varnish), you will be responsible for the engineering and development of core products, integrations and infrastructure for our market leading recruitment software.
This role will also give you the opportunity to work on new products and allow you to take a concept and run with it, giving you the ownership and flexibility to demonstrate and develop your skills.
Day-to-day, you will:
You will be helping design, build and maintain quality and reliable code ensuring the best possible performance of the company's platform whilst also being a leader in the technology team.
Working on a microservice architecture hosted on AWS, leveraging many AWS services to achieve industry leading functionality.
You'll be joining as a more senior member of the development team, working in a Scrum environment. Your responsibilities would be around backend tasks giving the user the best possible experience, opportunities to go out to see customers and end users would be available.
As a well-rounded Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer, your Skills and Experiences need to include:
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree level Computer Science or Software
- Significant experience in software development in Ruby on Rails
- Cloud Provider experience (AWS preferred, but Azure, GCP etc is fine)
- Continuous integration
- Automated Testing Process (RSpec, Minitest, Rubocop, Brakeman, CircleCI)
- Databases (MySQL/Postgresql)
- Asynchronous Job Processing (SQS, Shoryuken or similar)
- Agile delivery
- It would be great if you also had
- Varnish cache or similar
- Serverless Architecture (AWS Lambda)
- What does Access offer you?
- We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!