Posted on Jul 22, 2019 by Seebyte Ltd
Role: Engineer Manager
Salary - £55,000 to £75,000 (dependent on experience) + pension scheme and bonuses
Job Type - Permanent
SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit an Engineer Manager to join our team in the Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will have experience managing small software based teams, have domain knowledge in robotics or a similar area, and will be equally comfortable working with internal teams or external customers and partners.
You can expect to be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art subsea robots on exciting and varied projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments.
You will have a unique opportunity to play a significant role in a dynamic and world respected technology company in the exciting field of robotics, with clear development, training and career progression opportunities provided. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
• Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
• Flexible working hours policy
• Travel season ticket loan
• Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
• Annual company day out
• Internal "technology projects" to prototype and explore new ideas.
• Quarterly company lunches with technology presentations
• Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
• Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work in!
• Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
You will have the opportunity to lead engineer project teams to deliver technology solutions to SeeByte's customers including Military and Oil and Gas customers worldwide. You will have a background in maritime robotics or a related field and will have experience delivering software solutions involving elements such as Autonomy, A.I, Machine Learning and Command and Control of unmanned systems.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience managing software technology development and engineering teams or have a commercial track record that demonstrates the ability to step-up to this level of responsibility. The successful applicant would ideally have experience working in the Defence Sector or demonstrate a willingness to do so.
You should have project and people management skills within a software development environment and should be comfortable interacting with clients and partners, representing SeeByte at external events.
This role is suitable for engineers with 5+ years commercial engineering experience.
• Graduated with a BSc, MSc or PhD in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
• Demonstrable experience working with and managing software engineers, within a software engineering environment
• 5+ years programming experience on one of the following languages: Java, C++ or C#.
• Knowledge of 1 or more technology areas relevant to SeeByte's core business:
o Command and Control of Unmanned Assets
o Machine Learning and Data Processing
o Control, Navigation, Localisation and Mapping
o A.I and Autonomy
• Strong numerical and mathematical skills
• An understanding of software development and QA processes
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Willingness to travel abroad to support client demonstrations, trials and project meetings
• Eligible to apply for UK Security Clearance
The following area of experience is desirable:
• Experience working in the Maritime Defense sector
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£55k - £75k Annual