Internal Audit Manager
Posted on Jul 19, 2019 by Western State Bank
The Internal Audit Manager leads the Internal Audit Team in providing independent and objective assessments to determine whether all significant risks are identified and reported to the appropriate stakeholders. This position evaluates risks, ensures adequate controls and challenges management and team members to improve processes and procedures to mitigate identified risks. This position, with help from the Internal Audit team, will constantly be reviewing and testing the effectiveness of governance processes, risk management procedures and internal controls within the company. The Internal Audit Manager will report findings and general information to the Board Audit Committee and Enterprise Risk Management Committee in effort to keep them abreast of issues, findings, and recommendations for improvement around risk mitigation efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit Execution - Develop and execute annual audit plan. Direct and supervise the design and execution of internal audits, ensuring work is performed in accordance with FDICIA requirements, internal controls and Western policies and procedures.
- Issue Identification and Communication -Review draft issue observations, vet issues with key stakeholders, identify appropriate controls, and evaluate the appropriateness of the management action plan prior to finalizing audit reports. Monitor and review issue validation testing to ensure comprehensive testing and adherence to set standards. Conduct validation testing on action plans completed by management to address regulatory changes. Communicate policy exceptions, compliance violations, and control weaknesses to department supervisors and managers for remediation and further report issue identification, remediation plans and status to board of directors.
- Policy and Procedure Development - Partner with business partners throughout the company in balancing business strategy with appropriate risk management controls. Provide coaching and support to team members, continuously educating on the importance of adherence to controls, processes and procedures.
- Regulation Awareness and Implementation Stay abreast of regulatory changes in order to update programs as deemed necessary. Ensure all stakeholders are aware of updates and internal controls, policies and procedure are updated appropriately. Conduct validation testing on action plans completed by management to address regulatory changes.
- Coaching and Leadership - Provide support, coaching, and feedback to the internal audit team. Serve as a thought leader in project groups, providing internal audit perspectives and guidance for initiatives, projects and strategies throughout the company.
- Other Initiatives/Special Projects- As needed, assist with special projects related to business process improvement or department strategic initiatives.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of seven years of financial services-related audit experience demonstrating increased responsibility required. Bank experience specific to internal audit and FDICIA regulatory (or similar) experience strongly preferred.
At Western State Bank, "what" you know is important, but not as important as how you relate to teammates and customers.Our environment is based on the principles of respect, curiosity, creativity, individual empowerment, and the ability to listen effectively and communicate openly. We also believe in continual learning, bias toward action, keeping commitments, and doing our absolute best every day. We believe that our ability to deliver on our promise of being Your Hometown Bank is a result of these high standards.
Western State Bank is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer. Member FDIC