Director of Steel Fabrication
Posted on Jul 18, 2019 by Aristeo
If you are internal-customer driven and have the desire to provide exceptional quality to a dynamic organization, then we would like to hear from you!
- Accomplish production plan by communicating job expectations, establishing priorities, creating production schedule, monitoring progress, and appraising job results
- Review progress of production plan, current work orders and assign tasks to Fab Shop employees in order to meet both internal and external customer needs
- Maintain work flow by observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, implementing cost reductions, and facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Maintain and monitor quality of the steel fabrications to ensure adherence to design specifications and parameters
- Conduct shop meetings in order to inform workforce of production plans, priorities and issues to be resolved
- Interface with other personnel and various department managers to ensure customer deadlines are being met
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product and safety
- Create and maintain a preventative maintenance program for all welding and fabrication machinery and forklifts to ensure longevity and performance
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret plans and specifications
- Excellent communication, organization and supervisory skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience preferred
- 7-10 years of experience working in a structural or miscellaneous steel fabrication shop
- Experience in the construction industry is strongly preferred
Aristeo Construction, founded in 1977, is one of the top five general contractors in Michigan and services automotive, industrial, and commercial customers across the U.S. We offer a comprehensive suite of construction services, including general contracting, design-build, and construction management. We also self-perform steel fabrication and erection, equipment installation, and concrete services with our own highly skilled workforce.
Why Choose Aristeo:
Become a part of the Aristeo Experience! We're more than just a business. We treat our employees like family and provide them with the tools and experience they need to succeed. We've been voted, by our employees, both Metro Detroit's and the Nation's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for four years running!
Aristeo offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and an opportunity to grow. Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship. Aristeo is an EEO employer.
Livonia, United States