Posted on Jul 18, 2019 by Aristeo
If you have a strong Project Management skill set, are internal-customer driven and have the desire to provide exceptional quality to a dynamic organization, then we would like to hear from you!
Our Project Manager's primary role is to monitor and control construction for jobs ranging from $500,000 to $50 million through administrative direction of on-site Superintendents to ensure that the project is completed on schedule and within budget. The Project Manager must also investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures when necessary.
- Lead all projects and be professional, courteous, respectful and helpful to everyone at all times
- Set direction, align resources and execute at a high standard
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project
- Supervise the total construction effort to ensure each project is constructed in accordance with safety, quality, design, budget, and schedule
- Interface directly with client representatives, A-E representatives, and other contractors
- Create and manage the project schedule
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, and income/expenses, etc.)
- Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project
- Represent Aristeo in project meetings and assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy
- Manage job cost
- Coordinate subcontractors and lead contractor meetings
- Write and manage subcontracts and change orders
- Coach, mentor, and develop Project Engineers
- Problem solve and handle all issues appropriately
- Responsible for efficient and complete closeout of the project, including financial
Candidates must be self-motivated, have strong leadership skills, and be interested in developing new accounts
Candidates must have the ability to manage all aspects of a project, including technical, safety, schedule, cost, and financial responsibility
Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Primavera, AutoCAD and Viewpoint software
Experience in the automotive sector is preferred
Excellent with problem solving and planning
- A Bachelor's degree in an Engineering related field or Construction Management preferred
- 7+ years of experience in heavy industrial project management
This position will require short and long term travel. Candidates must be willing to travel or relocate for extended periods of time on a project specific basis.
Aristeo Construction, founded in 1977, is one of the top five general contractors in Michigan and services automotive, industrial, and commercial customers across the U.S. We offer a comprehensive suite of construction services, including general contracting, design-build, and construction management. We also self-perform steel fabrication and erection, equipment installation, and concrete services with our own highly skilled workforce.
Why Choose Aristeo:
Become a part of the Aristeo Experience! We're more than just a business. We treat our employees like family and provide them with the tools and experience they need to succeed. We've been voted, by our employees, both Metro Detroit's and the Nation's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for four years running!
Aristeo offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and an opportunity to grow. Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship. Aristeo is an EEO employer.
Livonia, United States