Data Quality Manager
Posted on Jul 16, 2019 by Airlines Reporting Corporation
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Data Science and Analytics
ARC is searching for a Data Quality Manager to join our team. As a Data Quality Manager, you will set direction, execute, and deliver data quality monitoring processes in order to exceed ARC's customer satisfaction, and increase revenues derived from our Direct Data Service (DDS) customers. In addition, you will design and implement the data quality standards for the DDS product.
As the Data Quality Manager, you will showcase your desire to gain knowledge quickly and apply that knowledge to DDS and newly derived products. You will be responsible for all aspects of DDS data quality including, but not limited to product goals, implementation, leading cross functional project teams, and other activities set forth by senior management to support the ARC revenue objectives. You will work closely with senior management to ensure the strategic goals and objectives of the product are met and deliver the desired business value.
You will be based at our metro-accessible headquarters in Arlington, VA. Come innovate with us!
What You'll Get to Do:
- Manage overall data quality program for DDS. Work with ARC's data governance team to constantly improve our ability to monitor, detect and resolve data quality issues. Employ standards on the ingestion of all data sources as well as the outbound data files to users of the DDS data. Automate monitoring programs and coordinate execution through cross functional teams. Monitor progress, and demonstrate control of product-related tasks.
- Develop a strategic vision and roadmap to define the data quality approach for DDS. Establish data quality initiatives and prioritize tasks to achieve or exceed these goals. Most importantly, have a plan in place to execute these goals. Develop data quality objectives for the DDS product line and demonstrate the return on investment that data quality brings to ARC.
- Analyze error reports for data quality issues and trends; recommend and develop new reports to ensure DDS data lifecycle is monitored; recommend new standards or policies based on trends and findings.
- Work closely with Data Services, Customer Success, Customer Experience, and other departments at ARC to ensure timely delivery of data quality initiatives. Understand and develop business case behind DDS data quality projects and collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure projects address related issues.
- Work directly with data consumers, internal and external, to translate customer needs into data quality requirements and document these requirements. When necessary, include management in decisions that impact the revenue of ARC.
- Work closely with DDS Product manager to support diversified DDS product management functions, including operational issues, product strategy, enhancements etc., as necessary.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience managing data and data quality improvements.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Experience with using data quality tools
- Must be able to develop knowledge of our customers and users and be able to apply that to manage new and existing products and services
- Experience networking with counterparts throughout the industry
What We Can Offer You:
- Our team is motivated, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, we embrace challenges, and we explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the flexibility at ARC that allows them to truly balance their professional lives and personal lives.
- We offer a highly competitive, progressive benefits package and hands-on learning and development opportunities.
- For more than half a century, ARC has been a trusted provider of settlement services, settling more than $86 billion in transactions between airlines and travel agencies each year.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply