Chief Digital Services and Innovaton Officer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Amongst other things you will:
➢ Champion digital as a driver of organisational change
➢ Facilitate the development of audience-led design across our organisation
➢ Embed innovation across the organisation
➢ Oversee the development of a new website
Over the next three years our client plans to significantly increase how many of the one million people in the UK affected by a particular diseases they interact with.
We are looking for a Chief Digital, Services & Innovation Officer who can work with our existing people, (and recruit vacant positions), to build a new team to transform how we work.
You will oversee the development and then continual improvement of a new website that will be an important organisational income stream and allow more people than ever to engage with our health information and support services. You will implement a digital marketing programme; and champion digital as a driver of organisational change. You will put users at the heart of everything we do, developing new insights and sharing them widely for the benefit of all. You will use audience insight and iterative development to work out how to ensure our services and information are of benefit to the widest possible audience.
First and foremost, you will have a collaborative, pragmatic approach understanding how to take a range of different experts and stakeholders with you. You will know from experience that a lot of what is needed for success will be outside your direct span of control. You will have a high degree of market awareness, with a track record of delivering innovative approaches to the benefit of beneficiaries. You will be a strong and inspiring leader, as the role will involve bringing people from across the organisation to form a new team, and develop them to become high-performing.
You will be experienced at working with sector specialists in service delivery and understand how to combine their expertise with agile approaches to the benefit of beneficiaries. You will know that the answer isn’t always digital and be experienced at building integrated physical, off-line and online programmes. This role would suit an experienced digital professional, who has delivered multifaceted transformation programmes in a charity or similar environment.
What you’ll do
• Build supportive positive relationships across the organisation, championing and advocating an agile approach and the benefits of digital solutions
• Put people affected by blood cancer at the heart of all our thinking ensuring our work is grounded in deep knowledge of the problem
• Ensure digital, innovation and transformation activity meets the demands of the strategy, and insights are shared widely
• Work hand in glove with the marketing team to ensure the digital strategy supports the brand & comms strategy and that we maximise the number of people affected by blood cancer that we reach with digital and non-digital products
• Ensure services are designed and marketed in a way that allows many more people to benefit and that transitions between physical, offline, and digital activity are seamless
• Provide leadership for the transformation programme
• Plan and deliver cultural change across the organisation ensuring agile iterative development is at the heart of approach
• Responsible for the development, launch and ongoing improvement of a new website, (anticipated launch in early 2020)
• Have overall responsibility for all our digital platforms • Develop innovation, digital and ISS (support services) into a seamless high performing team
• Ensure we use email, paid social media, and website advertising in a coordinated way to increase our reach
• Develop a clear vision for the team, with identifiable projects suitable for the fundraising team to present to donors.
• To work with the fundraising team to identify potential new sources of support for the area, and lead relationships with funders where appropriate.
• Ensure we have the right digital systems and platforms, being responsible for developing and deploying them to meet the needs of internal teams and external audiences
• Establish a culture where user focus and testing are built into everything we do
• Work closely with the technical infrastructure and data team to ensure our digital platforms work seamlessly with our CRM
• Manage the budget and develop annual plans, ensuring effective control of expenditure and delivering services and projects to agreed budgets and timescales
• Act in a leadership role as a member of the charity’s wider Leadership Team
• Advise the Exec Team, CEO and Board on opportunities for developing digital solutions to improve lives of people affected by blood cancer.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, your application has not been successful