Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
To implement the Requirements Management activities and, Verification and Validation processes across the Crossrail Programme at various stages of the Program Assurance/Integration
2. Principal Accountabilities
• The principal accountabilities for this role are to:
• Implement compliance checking process and provide inputs to the design verification and validation activities and Crossrail Integration Processes.
• Focused on Rail System disciplines i.e. Signalling, Communication & Control and Station Systems including MEP Systems, responsible for validation of applicable Programme Requirements through traceability analysis of the performance specifications, design specifications and testing activities.
• Ensure all Design & Build contractors are engaged with Crossrail Requirements Management and V&V processes.
• Allocate requirements and agree with PM/PEs/PFEs allocation of the requirements to the contracts and work packages.
• Capable of representing Crossrail Requirements team in technical review processes to provide V & V inputs.
• Capable of producing technical reports and compliance statements to meet the Crossrail Handover Requirements.
• Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
• Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
• Act as a role model for Crossrail’s vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail’s Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
• Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
• Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail’s information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
The post holder will need to develop good working relationships with the Delivery Teams and contractors as well as internally to the organisation.
The post holder is required to:
• Set and maintain a high level of professional performance
• Demonstration of compliance to the Crossrail Employers Requirements
• Support the V&V processes within DOORS I Complypro environment and engaging with Crossrail Contractors in process implementation
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
The post holder is responsible for implementing and providing advice within Crossrail on Requirements Management activities. They will also decide on escalation of issues to the Requirements Engineering Manager.
Key relationships for this role are:
• Requirements Engineering Manager
• Head of Assurance
• Configuration Control
• Crossrail Delivery Teams
• Other CRL teams
• Industry Partners (London Underground, Rail For London)
• Design and Build (D & B) Contractors
5. Person Specification
• Experience of using the IBM DOORS Requirements Management Tool and basic capability to configure tool for compliance management and access control features. Proficiency in DXL and ComplyPro configuration will be an added advantage.
• Have a Systems Engineering background in a large multi-disciplined Rail System project environment.
• Knowledge of Requirements Management as applied to major railway infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.
• Understanding of relevant standards and tools used in the Systems engineering / requirements management arena with the aptitude to develop skills further.
• System engineering Lifecycles – awareness of different lifecycles and experience of the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects.
• Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team.
• Experience of Requirements Management within context of providing evidence for V&V, compliance and acceptance.
• Ability to interface with railway domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
• Maintenance of Continuing Professional Development to keep abreast of skills and knowledge in his/her professional discipline.
• Professional qualification in engineering or an associated discipline