Java Integration Developer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Who we are
An award-winning bank here to help Britain's go-getters.
More about us
In 2009, the bank set out to be the bank helping those with ideas, big and small, to realise their dreams and to seek and seize opportunity in their personal and professional lives. We call it banking for the bold. Today, we're an award-winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain's small businesses through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen. Join us if you want to find yourself at the heart of a dynamic, growing organisation where our employees are empowered to grow their expertise and build their careers.
Here you'll find yourself at the heart of a dynamic, growing division where innovation and teamwork thrive.
As Java Integration Developer, you will:
· Maintain and help evolve the organisation's strategic SOA/ESB integration layer, based on Mulesoft with a focus on implementing best practices and adhering to the bank standards.
· You will design, build and maintain ESB infrastructure, artefacts and objects, documentation, unit testing and provide guidance to other team members and business users. The daily activities for this position include the design, development, documentation and debugging of SOA services.
· Develop responsive web applications in line with changing business needs
· Create quality, manageable, high performing code
· Participate in cross functional workshops, working with the business, design and product to identify proportional technology solutions to address the business needs
· Communicate complex technical issues in a simple way
· Always look for the simplest solution to a business / customer problem
Must have all the relevant technical experience for the role, plus ideally:
· Ensure that coding standards are defined and adhered to
· Create robust best practise development techniques
· Ensure code is delivered to a high quality, functioning to acceptance criteria across all required devices
· Ensure that non-functional requirements are considered including performance and accessibility considerations
· Optimise the performance of the code
· Assist product owners and project managers in release planning.
· Contribute to technical estimation
· Perform code reviews with junior developers
· Setup and manage development environments
· Work closely with 3rd party suppliers to ensure smooth handover of code and ongoing maintenance
· Work closely with the architecture team to ensure adherence to architectural strategy
· Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities.
· Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
· Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.
As you would expect, this opportunity offers a competitive basic salary and reward package, and you'll also benefit from our commitment to investing in your professional development.
The bank is an equal opportunities employer
£0 - £450 Daily
£450 - £500 Daily
£70k - £70k Annual
£70k - £70k Annual