Pensions Audit Assistant
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Pensions Audit Assistant- About the Role
Part of a team and will undertake or assist in undertaking audits of variety of pension schemes, involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment.
As the Pensions Audit Assistant, you will:
* Complete work outlined in the audit programme.
* Record and document work undertaken, and conclusions reached, using a computerised audit tool and supplemented by documentary e-files and appropriately structured work papers.
* Liaise with third parties to ensure external confirmations of client balances are received and checked on a timely basis.
* Identify matters arising on an audit for inclusion in notes for Partner.
* Active engagement with client staff /administrators (face-to-face, email and telephone) in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence
* Analysis and summary of accounting data from clients’ books and records and preparation of SORP-compliant draft pension scheme accounts for some smaller pension schemes.
* Assist in the review of draft financial statements to help identify and correct typographical or other errors.
The successful Pensions Audit Assistant will have:
* Would suit those studying towards AAT or ACCA
* Proficiency in Excel; working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
* Pensions and/or auditing experience preferred but not essential. (Training and support will be given)
* Enthusiastic, motivated and self-confident with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to communicate effectively; both verbal and written communication
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment
* Ability to deliver excellent client service
Pensions Audit Assistant - Benefits
Excellent benefits package and prospects for career progression
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)