Site Sustainment Manager
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is a market leading Aerospace manufacturer based out of Tewkesbury. This is an opportunity to join a fantastic business at the forefront of their industry. Following continued success our client is now looking for a Site Sustainment Manager with a focus on Test Equipment.
The successful Site Sustainment Manager will be tasked with overseeing resources, infrastructure and services to maintain, and ensure continued operation of test equipment. Previous experience within a demanding and fast paced engineering and production environment is essential and familiarity with test equipment is a must.
The role is expected to be an active member of the Operational Site leadership team, participating and supporting activities in support of the site's facility and operational strategy.
Key Skills/ Expertise
To ensure that test equipment is effectively installed, inspected and maintained to ensure the safety of employees and compliance with the legal requirement
- Accountable to the Senior Engineering Manager - Global Test Equipment Sustainment and Operational Site Leadership, for the health, safety and welfare of their staff; also accountable for the effective implementation of Health and Safety Policies within the area for which they are responsible
- The role shall execute the responsibilities for personnel staffing, individual performance monitoring/review and training. Selection, mentoring and development of personnel to support the departmental responsibilities and to ensure continued test equipment engineering capability
- Resource demand forecasting and creation of multi-disciplined site teams eliminating single point failure and ensuring continuity of support
- Identifying and developing strategic suppliers
- Spares and obsolescence management for existing deployed assets
- Resource allocation and long term demand forecasting. Coordinating daily department workload, making immediate short term staffing adjustments as necessary to maintain schedules and minimize test equipment downtime
- To maintain and control the configuration management of test equipment deployed for operational use at their facility
- Implementation, administration and continuous improvement of sustainment processes, procedures, and standard tools
- Fostering a Lean organization that is responsive to changing requirements, adapting to maintain appropriate levels of support
- Budget preparation and reporting
- The individual should be able to demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to proactively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong communication skills are pivotal. Verbal and written communications, employee training and performance review amongst other management fundamentals.
This is an opportunity to join a leading aerospace manufacturer. For more information and to be considered for the vacancy please contact Tobias on (phone number removed) or send an application.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy