Engineering Lecturer (Part Time)
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
(Part time or self-employed)
My client is a vibrant and long-standing Washington, Tyne & Wear based specialist independent training provider. We have an Ofsted grade ‘Good’ across all aspects of our provision. We predominantly serve the North East’s engineering, manufacturing, process and related sectors.
With the delivery of an ever increasing range of apprenticeship standards we are looking to supplement our current technical and academic delivery team with a number of part-time teaching / lecturing / tutoring positions to deliver units of learning on Technical Certificate courses.
We are looking for individuals that can deliver some of the following units:
* Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
* Communications for Engineering Technicians
* Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
* Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
* Mechanical Principles of Engineering Systems
* Electrical and Electronic Principles in Engineering
* Advanced Manufacturing techniques
* Engineering inspection and quality control
* Properties and application of engineering materials
The awarding body for all units are EAL.
Number and duration of contracted hours by mutual agreement.
We offer attractive pay rates.
* Deliver outstanding learning, using a range of teaching and learning methods to create interesting and engaging learning sessions.
* Mark and assess students’ work, providing feedback that supports learners to progress.
* Liaise with other members of staff to ensure successful delivery of overall programme
* Comply with internal and external quality management systems
* Provide students with academic and pastoral support to help them achieve their goals.
* Take responsibility for the progress and achievement of all students on your course.
* Deliver IAG to support students’ decision making and high rates of progression
* Recognised teaching qualification - Essential
* Literacy and numeracy at level 2 (GCSE equivalent) or higher – Essential
* Clear DBS check – Essential (If no current DBS certificate one will be obtained prior to commencing in post)
Skills and Experience
* Experience of delivery of one or more of the subjects listed above - Essential
* Recent lecturing / teaching experience – Desirable
* Worked in Education/Training/Skills sector – Desirable
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - Essential
* Good IT skills (MS Office suite) – Essential
* Industry experience – Desirable