Lead Tooling Designer - Plastic Injection Mould
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
The company are unique and have won awards for their British Manufacturing. They do not outsource any parts of their design or manufacture process. Resulting in them having a large Tool Making facility along with high volume production facility.
This position has been made available due to the retirement. It will serve as the main “owner” for Tooling Design within the organisation; Liaising closely with the Tool Makers and also acting as a point of advice and liaison for the Product Design R&D team.
• Plastic Injection Mould manufacture
• Tooling Design
• CAD Software
• Working alongside the Tool Maker and the product design R&D team.
• Manufacturing facility with 15 large scale injection mould machines
• Mould press varies from 25 to 400 tonnes
• Designing of aluminium single cavity prototype tools for small volume runs or prototype purposes
• Design of mass manufacture tools for production on site
• Multi impression tools for mass production. Pre-hardened steels etc
• Cold runner or hot runner feed systems
• Designing tools which are for a family of parts (i.e. 3 different pieces coming out of 1 mould)
• Overseeing the existing tooling catalogue – making improvements and redesigning these tools to aid efficiencies in manufacturing processes
• Replacement and upgrade of tooling due to improvement or wear and tear, breakdowns etc
• Modify data, create new data for tool repair and refurbishment
• Integrated in the product design team to ensure the effectiveness of new product designs, incorporating the design of tooling design during the product design cycle.
• Producing all the drawing of all the parts that go into the assembly for tool makers or external tool making suppliers.
• If outsource of tool making (due to capacity in internal tool shop/toolroom) you will be responsible for the vetting, review, liaison and design review of tools supplied by external toolmakers
• As advised this role will be working alongside the mechanical and product design team. This person will be involved in the part design process, to help collaborate better with the product design team.
• Also involved in the design for manufacture process
• With the collaboration side of the role, it will be from a consultative angle. Providing advice and knowledge to the product design team so they can factor in tool design better.
• The organisation use Solid Edge for all design work including Tooling Design. Previous experience with this specific package is not required